Why become a member? ×

1 hour ago, Burns-bass said:

I think you can appreciate someone’s bass playing but not know much about them. I reckon Greg’s doing the right thing to crowdsource some opinions from bass players.

Cheers @Burns-bass there’s often one person trying to be clever on a thread! 

it’s been great already hearing everyone’s suggestions and I’m looking forward to making the lesson once I’ve decided on a bass line and transcribed it! 

40 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Great idea for a series Greg! I have a one year old daughter and have been digging around to find some inspiration for her for when she's old enough to pick up a bass.

Can't wait to see it!

Cheers! I’ve got a similar situation with my two year old daughter who loves music already! 

I started the series with Carol Kaye. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greghagger said:

Cheers! I’ve got a similar situation with my two year old daughter who loves music already! 

I started the series with Carol Kaye. 

Ah, brill, I missed that and will give it a watch! 

My daughter likes to twang the strings of my bass and definitely has her favourite one to play with. She's been wanting to strum her hand across my guitar recently. I'm hoping she'll grow out of it 😂

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Ah, brill, I missed that and will give it a watch! 

My daughter likes to twang the strings of my bass and definitely has her favourite one to play with. She's been wanting to strum her hand across my guitar recently. I'm hoping she'll grow out of it 😂

Mine has commandeered my Kala U Bass. Apparently it’s hers now! 🤷‍♂️😂

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

I've just come back from watching the film 'Stop Making Sense'.  As just a casual listener to a few of their songs I feared it might not be my cup of tea but the performance totally blew me away.  I enjoyed every second of it.   Performance art at its best. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Paul S said:

I've just come back from watching the film 'Stop Making Sense'.  As just a casual listener to a few of their songs I feared it might not be my cup of tea but the performance totally blew me away.  I enjoyed every second of it.   Performance art at its best. 

The greatest film of a live show of all time, oddly enough the only other live show film that gets near it is the brilliant American Utopia by David Byrne.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1