Why become a member? ×

Stingray 5’s

Chris Horton

Hi Chris, My first 5 string bass was an SR5. I played that for 4 or 5 years, but the sound was never "me".

Maybe the SH models might have suited me better, but they didn't exist at the time, anyway it was a good bass to start me on my 5 string journey.

MM Stingray 5 002.jpg

Edited by chris_b
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I miss my 2 terribly.

Sold then when the last band folded…which is sad as they’d become integral to “my sound”

5819DD6C-6E2E-40EA-AC5C-549C46A9C7F2.jpeg

Now you're back to my earlier thread of the one that got away. Lovely bass: can understand the regret.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snorkie635 said:

They are very smart, with a slightly different sound to my ear at least. A bit deeper in tone.

Oooo interesting 

I’ve been looking for one for quite a few years. You don’t often see them for sale and when you do they seem to be very expensive 

More teal. This is a 1996 (I think) which I bought second hand in 1998. Wonderful bass. I know that around this time you were considered lucky if you got one with a birdseye neck. This one actually has quite a bit of flame in the neck which I think is quite rare.

thumbnail_IMG_1622.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1623.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1624.jpg

• Like 3