Why become a member? ×

Westone? in York - £20

The guitarist in my church band has the 6-string version of the Westone: we’ve been joking about me getting one of these so we match.
It’s at the price where that would work, but sadly it’s too far away (and I can’t sell my SB-2 so no more basses for me anyway!)

Most of my experience with Westones was with a White Spectrum I used to play all the time at school, belonged to the dad of a lad I was in a band with. Nowt up with it, funnily enough I went round another mate's last year to sort out a little corn snake he'd rehomed and he had a black Spectrum sat in the corner he'd been given by a family member. Had a quick blast on it and it was equally decent as the other one.

I had a serious love affair with Westone basses for a while but sold them all when my back got too bad.  I had a couple of Thunder 1As (one with the old split P pickup enclosure, one with the rectangular Magnaflex) 1A fretless (that was fab) couple of Thunderjets (these were lighter with an extra fret, great modding platform if you are into stealth basses) Concord 32" scale, also the rarer than rare Pantera X790 Deluxe.  And a handful of 6 strings.  Until the advent of Harley Benton I reckoned these were the best value basses on the market. 

• Like 1