Why become a member? ×

Function band P.A. help!

thisisswanbon

1 hour ago, police squad said:

what's it like with the new people, I played in there a lot when Dave and Jackie had it

Yeah it’s not too bad at all Whizz.  Busy, sensible security, easy load in and out, decent place to play.

On 06/03/2023 at 17:13, Happy Jack said:

I bought something pretty much identical to this: https://www.japanesempv.co.uk/vehicle/toyota-alphard-30-v6-petrol-4wd-in-uxbridge-london-29523ba4-b30f-4455-a48e-20f63077b9e8

It's a 3-litre V6 with permanent 4WD and, as a top-of-the-range MPV in Japan, it arrives fully-loaded.

I ripped out the rear pair of seats and chucked them in a skip, reversed the middle bank of three seats, and ended up with the fastest and most comfortable small van in London.

that looks like the jobbie for the job, but 9k ? theres not that much money in the whole world at the mo is there ? 🙂

i was thinking something around 2.5k just to satisfy my mingebagness 🙂 there are a few caddys up here for sale for around that, we will see, i dont think you can use these old ones in London now can you ? without getting the charges ?

1 hour ago, funkgod said:

that looks like the jobbie for the job, but 9k ? theres not that much money in the whole world at the mo is there ? 🙂

i was thinking something around 2.5k just to satisfy my mingebagness 🙂 there are a few caddys up here for sale for around that, we will see, i dont think you can use these old ones in London now can you ? without getting the charges ?

Blimey! When did you last buy a banger? Or are cars particularly cheap in your neck of the woods?

I had to help a mate buy a pre-loved vehicle a few months back. With the whole of NW London to choose from, the best we could come up with was a 10-year-old Zafira for £3k, which needed new tyres, a new battery, and now a new clutch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2023 at 14:26, Happy Jack said:

Blimey! When did you last buy a banger? Or are cars particularly cheap in your neck of the woods?

I had to help a mate buy a pre-loved vehicle a few months back. With the whole of NW London to choose from, the best we could come up with was a 10-year-old Zafira for £3k, which needed new tyres, a new battery, and now a new clutch.

haha loads on facebook market, 2007 caddy £2100 manchester https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/912301626582135/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A1d24be0c-7e7a-40aa-92b5-b63180e125f1    

£2200 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/751192933117382/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A1d24be0c-7e7a-40aa-92b5-b63180e125f1

£2500.. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/224451476707982/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A1d24be0c-7e7a-40aa-92b5-b63180e125f1

🙂

Edited by funkgod

On 08/03/2023 at 14:26, Happy Jack said:

Go outside London and the choice widens considerably. You need to check for ULEZ compliance, obvs. When I lived in the Smoke, I always bought vehicles from out of town and preferably those that had spent their lives in rural locations. Cars that have been predominantly driven in cities have a much harder life. A vehicle showing 50k miles that has spent its life sitting in jams with the engine running will have a lot more engine wear than one showing 50k that has been driven mainly at normal speeds on regular roads. The transmission won't have worked as hard out of town, either. And most people change oil/have servicing done at set mileage intervals - every 10k or whatever - which exacerbates the problem. Wear from highway driving is reckoned to only be about 10% as bad as that from urban driving. You should change the engine oil every 5k miles or less on a vehicle that spends its life in slow moving traffic, but very few people do that. 

• Like 1