Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash 2023 ?

prowla

These are great and I consider them to be a fixture in my calendar.

Any provisional dates for this year?

It's often the week before the Kempton Park guitar show, which is scheduled for October 29th.

22 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Hi.  A little bit early, but I have ideas.  No date fixed as yet.  The SEBB is really a team effort, not just me 😊

I was just planning my calendar - not pressuring for a completed plan...🙂

• 2 months later...

If there's any appetite to do it in Wickford/Runwell in Essex, my neighbour looks after the Runwell Village Hall, it'd probably be pretty cheap to hire for a day and looks to be spacious enough... Happy to enquire as to availability for any prospective dates?

Screenshot_20230527_104039_Google.thumb.jpg.25d34853a95e0becd990f860478bb6ff.jpg

• Like 2

On 27/05/2023 at 10:42, binky_bass said:

If there's any appetite to do it in Wickford/Runwell in Essex, my neighbour looks after the Runwell Village Hall, it'd probably be pretty cheap to hire for a day and looks to be spacious enough... Happy to enquire as to availability for any prospective dates?

Screenshot_20230527_104039_Google.thumb.jpg.25d34853a95e0becd990f860478bb6ff.jpg

On 27/05/2023 at 12:10, TheGreek said:

I'd be up for it. Speak to Colin ( @Hamster) to see what plans he has for the usual location.

I wouldn't be up for doing a lap of the M25 (but that's just me and others might be good with it).

It was a bit of a shame that the usual place has lost its main hall, though.

Edited by prowla

• 1 month later...
On 27/05/2023 at 18:30, prowla said:

I wouldn't be up for doing a lap of the M25 (but that's just me and others might be good with it).

It was a bit of a shame that the usual place has lost its main hall, though.

I was a Newbie last time, so don’t have the main hall for comparison.  I think part of the problem was the choices we then made in setting up.  In some part that may have been me getting there shortly after @Hamster and @cetera and making the 1st choice of room.  I originally set up in the refectory as it was one of the bigger rooms.  Then it started pissing it down and was really noisy on the roof, so I moved to one of the smaller rooms.  A lot of us ended up in the smaller rooms.  Maybe we’d have been better off making more us of the hall where you set up @prowla and the refectory - it didn’t rain all day and I’m fairly confident it would have been easier to hear kit in the refectory than it proved to be in the 2 smaller rooms.

29 minutes ago, Simon C said:

I was a Newbie last time, so don’t have the main hall for comparison.  I think part of the problem was the choices we then made in setting up.  In some part that may have been me getting there shortly after @Hamster and @cetera and making the 1st choice of room.  I originally set up in the refectory as it was one of the bigger rooms.  Then it started pissing it down and was really noisy on the roof, so I moved to one of the smaller rooms.  A lot of us ended up in the smaller rooms.  Maybe we’d have been better off making more us of the hall where you set up @prowla and the refectory - it didn’t rain all day and I’m fairly confident it would have been easier to hear kit in the refectory than it proved to be in the 2 smaller rooms.

I set up on the stage, but the smaller rooms with several people in seemed a bit cramped.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Rich pinned this topic
  • Hamster unpinned and locked this topic