Why become a member? ×

Fender Troy Sanders P?

AndyTravis

13 hours ago, merello said:

Does anyone know what the bass sounds like yet? 😎

I couldn`t tell as it was possibly the worst demo of a bass I have seen/heard. But I`m not familiar with their music so maybe that`s the reason.

Still bloomin expensive for a MIM instrument.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

I couldn`t tell as it was possibly the worst demo of a bass I have seen/heard. But I`m not familiar with their music so maybe that`s the reason.

Still bloomin expensive for a MIM instrument.

not really sure i understand, he actually plays all over the bass with a pick with fingers, he isnt doing a shop demo ie here is the bridge pickup etc hes playing similar lines to what he does in mastodon with some cool sounds that he likes to use.

andy

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

not really sure i understand, he actually plays all over the bass with a pick with fingers, he isnt doing a shop demo ie here is the bridge pickup etc hes playing similar lines to what he does in mastodon with some cool sounds that he likes to use.

andy

It would have been nice to hear what the bass sounds like without all the effects. I know that's Troy's thing (although I don't remember him being into the flange/phase thing quite so much) but most of us want to hear the bass rather than the pedals, which seem to dominant here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

It would have been nice to hear what the bass sounds like without all the effects. I know that's Troy's thing (although I don't remember him being into the flange/phase thing quite so much) but most of us want to hear the bass rather than the pedals, which seem to dominant here.

but it is his demo, as i said you arent buying that bass if you want a p bass its mainly for fans of troy, there will be plenty of di only here is the clean sound demos in a few weeks when its out im sure

alot of effects layers on the new album, i think the chord stuff he was playing was great.

• Like 1

We all know what it's going to sound like clean anyway - it's a Fender parts bass. Imagine every other Fender PJ you've heard & you're there.

By and large Fender signature models are aesthetic presets. I think this one is claiming different pick-ups and preamp? They'll be slight tweaks on what is already available on other Fender models at most - this is the whole ethos of Fender. 

Do you want a PJ? Do you think silver burst is better than 3TSB? Do you have 1.4k to burn? Three ticks and you've got yourself a new bass!