Why become a member? ×

NBD 15/2 : StingRay fretless

dub_junkie

16 minutes ago, johnDeereJack said:

Nice, I wondered who snatched it! (I saw it on GuitarGuitar website and tried to justify another fretless!)

Hope it plays as good as it looks! 🤘

Couldn't resist it and caved in as soon as I saw it. I've been looking for a combination of these features for a while (teal/ fretless musicman/ old style bridge)

Looks to be in great nick for a 30 year old bass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

Oh my word, how did I miss this. My first Stingray was in Teal and it's a gorgeous colour. I currently have a natural Stingray with a Pau Ferro fretless board which is lovely. Keep us posted on what you think and how you get on with it.

Will do. I once owned a 2EQ honeyburst StingRay fretless which went to Schnozalee from this parish many moons ago. And have seen yours. Its one of the basses that has fuelled my ongoing fretless StingRay GAS!

Will be interesting to see how it stacks up against my USA JB-2 fretless, hopefully both sufficiently different to warrant keeping them both. Have to justify owning them both now by making sure I put (a lot more) time in on the unlined boards. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

Will do. I once owned a 2EQ honeyburst StingRay fretless which went to Schnozalee from this parish many moons ago. And have seen yours. Its one of the basses that has fuelled my ongoing fretless StingRay GAS!

Will be interesting to see how it stacks up against my USA JB-2 fretless, hopefully both sufficiently different to warrant keeping them both. Have to justify owning them both now by making sure I put (a lot more) time in on the unlined boards. 

Awesome and really pleased my one helped you get this one :) If you change your mind and can't justify keeping it, then drop me a line as I might be interested 😃 Plus, we need more pictures when it arrives :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

Teal is a really hard colour to photograph.  The green element never really shows. Looks more blue in the pics than it really is

Looks gorgeous, well done sir. I know what you mean about being hard to photograph. My first Stingray was Teal and was my dream bass and I got myself another about 10 years later after I sold the first. To the eye and what attracted me to the colour is they look green, however  in photos they always look blue.

Very nice.  Had a 2eq one for a good few years and stupidly sold it a couple of years back (went to Italy as I recall).  It was a thing of beauty, had an insanely low action and tone for days.  Sold it as it wasn't getting used anywhere near enough and I couldn't justify it sitting in a corner.