Why become a member? ×

New Tech21 pedal Frank Bello (Anthrax) sig. Now with video demo.

fretmeister

• 11 months later...
  • fretmeister changed the title to New Tech21 pedal Frank Bello (Anthrax) sig. Now with video demo.
On 07/01/2024 at 21:13, dudewheresmybass said:

There’s definitely some good tones in there, as well as some real fizzers to my ears. 
However I wouldn’t spend £250 on those nice tones 😢

It sounds a lot better here than in the Tech 21 demos, definitely some useful sounds in there. I'd love to try one, but probably won't.

• Like 2

That’s a great spectrum of drive tones, certainly for me. Seems like the general direction manufacturers have been going in the last 3 or so years is more towards this organic, tube-like tone for drives. I’ve heard more decent new bass drive pedals in the last 3 years than I heard in the preceding 10.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Enormous Buttocks said:

That’s a great spectrum of drive tones, certainly for me. Seems like the general direction manufacturers have been going in the last 3 or so years is more towards this organic, tube-like tone for drives. I’ve heard more decent new bass drive pedals in the last 3 years than I heard in the preceding 10.

Agreed!

One suggestion: would have been really helpful for live use if the filth button and, especially, the dirt button had been stomp switches, so they could be easily foot stomped on / off when needed for parts of songs. Not sure how tricky that would have been to incorporate@Tech21NYC? If that had been available, I would have been sorely tempted to part with the list price for it!

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Agreed!

One suggestion: would have been really helpful for live use if the filth button and, especially, the dirt button had been stomp switches, so they could be easily foot stomped on / off when needed for parts of songs. Not sure how tricky that would have been to incorporate?@Tech21NYC? If that had been available, I would have been sorely tempted to part with the list price for it!

That's a good point.

• Like 1

This pedal sounds great. I have the Steve Harris version and I love it.

I wish Tech 21 would include a better option for headphone use on these. The Steve Harris one is supposed to be able to power a set of headphones, but I have never had much luck in doing so

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markbunney said:

This pedal sounds great. I have the Steve Harris version and I love it.

I wish Tech 21 would include a better option for headphone use on these. The Steve Harris one is supposed to be able to power a set of headphones, but I have never had much luck in doing so

That doesn't sound right, my dug worked very well with headphones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markbunney said:

The Dug one looks like it has a small headphone button on it, maybe they changed the design

Maybe Steve Harris didn't request a headphone option that works well as a specific feature? 😅

Sorry - couldn't resist!

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 4