Why become a member? ×

Is this Musicman a decent bass?

horribleman

Looks ok, but you get get them off ebay for a little cheeper. But saying that I wouldnt buy a bass I hadnt played first. I made that mistake with a bongo and I wont do it again. Always bought really nice basses from this forum and you dont get any bullshit either like you do in online shops/ebay.

They do the 9 months interest free scheme, so it would make it a little more easily affordable.

It's not that much more than they seem to go for on the bay.

I am considering buying from here, but obviously travel and availability are considerations. I definitely won't buy without trying.

[quote name='horribleman' post='471714' date='Apr 24 2009, 05:02 PM']They do the 9 months interest free scheme, so it would make it a little more easily affordable.

It's not that much more than they seem to go for on the bay.

I am considering buying from here, but obviously travel and availability are considerations. I definitely won't buy without trying.[/quote]

Ive bought every bass ive owned but 1 off this forum, + 2 amps + pedals + cables + Loads of bits for my P bass. Everyone ive met and delt with has been unbelieveably sound.

looks a nice one. The Stingray 5's are great imo (well I'm biased what with owning one) - a bit less in your face tonewise than the 4's. the price is towards the upper end for used but I see these reguarly on ebay on private listings asking for the same so not a bad deal given its from a shop.

DaveB (as in Bennett I think) is the boss at MachineHead and posts on the MusicMan boards. fwiw a mate of mine just bought a used MM Silhouette Special guitar from there and is delighted with it

I've dealt with Machinehead sereral times over the last five years and they've always been spot on. I'd always be happy to shop there, of course as others have said, take a trip over there and try it out. They have good demo space and some decent amps

[quote name='horribleman' post='471674' date='Apr 24 2009, 04:30 PM']I quite like the look of this, and for a shop it seems a reasonable price.

[url="http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/38_117/products_id/2052"]Musicman Stingray V[/url]

Is it a good one, or are there some to avoid?

Also, what sort of tone do you get with these?[/quote]

If you're near Hitchen - pop in and have a noodle?