Why become a member? ×

Fun Thread , Have You Ever Been Asked For Your Autograph ?

Bluewine

Once, when I was 18. Another student at a club was convinced that I was an actor who was famous at the time. Never mind that I was ten years too young and the resemblance was scant; the more I denied it, the more certain he was. In the end, I simply let him buy me a drink and I then signed a club flyer for him. I signed it "Tim Roth", who was not the actor he had in mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not an autograph. And maybe I should start a post, "best pick-up line".

We opened for Joan Jett ('81) in a club in NYC, and after our set, I was just sitting at a table, soaked and exhausted, and a girl came up to me and said, "I loved the way you blew the sweat off your nose when you came up to the microphone to sing." And I said, "I didn't want to electrocute myself." And she sat down and bought me a Becks. 

After J.J.'s set, we were able to pack out (from the front) and she was hanging out, smiling away at me. We finished packing the truck, and I remembered a dozen roses had been given to Joan, and they were in the green room. I ran back to the room, grabbed a rose, held it between my teeth, ran out to the girl on the street, and gave her the rose, kissing here at the same time.

She asked me back to her place.

I told the band I would find my own way home...

• Like 2

Aye, the first time was by an Asian tourist couple who mistook me as some guy from Big Brother. I just nodded, made a squiggle on their notepad, and let them take a selfie, haha.

It happens regularly now, what with being in a band, though I write runes instead.

Edited by Fionn

I had to think about this... I have only been asked to scrawl on something a couple of times. Usually something I've played on. With an old band, we used to play the RAFA Club in Wrexham, Wales. They had a lad there who came to watch all of the entertainment and he always got all of the signatures, every time we played. Not just us - everyone. He obviously had some disability issues and it was nice to please him.

• Like 1

Funnily enough, yes, several times, usually when someone bought one of our cd's at a gig. 

The most memorable one was after we'd done a support for a very good Sabbath tribute, myself and Kev (guitarist) were stood watching said tribute and a couple of ladies came over and wanted us both to sign their cd's, which always feels odd to me, anyway we obliged, had a chat and thanked them very much for their support, and pointed out our singer stood just down the hall, "F**k him", came the reply, "Big headed tw*t"....🤣

It's 2 years to the day since we buried Kev, he always loved to tell that story.

• Like 2