Why become a member? ×

NBD - Fender Rascal

Storky

I have just got hold of a 2014 Fender Rascal. They were not made for long and are short scale; a bit like a 4 string BassVl. I wanted it because although short scale, which I like, they are not small - the bridge is not at the end of the bass. I am very tall so some SS basses look daft on me. I also wanted a bass that worked for palm muting and playing with a pick and this is ideal as you adopt a more guitar like playing position. Although I also play “finger style” I use other things for that and this should work brilliantly in my 60s band, especially since I have now changed strings to LaBella black nylons. 271DB873-4D93-4E6D-B39C-E17099D10BAD.thumb.jpeg.e0c20848c6b3c1b603c260419c80c98d.jpeg

• Like 23

One my favourite basses that I have. I bought a mint one that had been used as a demo in shop after they were discontinued for the bargain price of £400 and to be honest if I had paid double that I wouldn't have been disappointed. Great bass. I'm sure you will enjoy it. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Storky said:

They were not made for long and are short scale; a bit like a 4 string BassVl. I wanted it because although short scale, which I like, they are not small - the bridge is not at the end of the bass. 

Yes they don't feel like a short scale bass. The photo of my basses shows as you said the body shape of the Rascal and Bass VI. Evidently the bridge on the Rascal is from a Guild Starfire. 

P1060253 2.JPG

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, BetaFunk said:

Yes they don't feel like a short scale bass. The photo of my basses shows as you said the body shape of the Rascal and Bass VI. Evidently the bridge on the Rascal is from a Guild Starfire. 

P1060253 2.JPG

A Rascal and a Coronado.  Well done sir!

• Like 1