Why become a member? ×

Fodera Buckeye Burl Monarch 4 Deluxe
£6000
South Oxfordshire

molan

NOW SOLD

I’ve realised that, despite its outstanding beauty, I’m really not playing this amazing bass anywhere near enough to keep it. 

It deserves to be cherished and played regularly!

It is in immaculate condition as far as I can see and comes with the, upgraded, USA custom teardrop case (much higher quality than the standard versions). 

Not sure exactly where Fodera prices stand these days but, with this spec and the highly figured top, I’d imagine it would be pushing £10K new. 

Here’s the full description from Fodera:

This Monarch 4 Deluxe was build for one of our international dealers and features the same tone wood and pickup combination as our Victor Wooten Classic: A Mahogany body, Indian Rosewood fingerboard, and EMG P/J’s. This bass delivers a rich, articulate tone with deep, warm lows, clear, bell-like highs, and an overall modern vibe.

This bass also features a dark Buckeye Burl top with lost of dark, intricate figure, as well as tulip inlays at the 12th and 24th frets!

Specs for the Buckeye Burl Monarch 4 Deluxe:

Body Woods
• Monarch
• Mahogany Body
• No Tone Block
• Buckeye Burl Top (Solid)

Neck Woods
• Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• 3-pc. Hard Rock Maple
• Mother-of-Pearl Dot Inlays w/ Tulips on 12th and 24th frets

Construction Specs
• Birth Date - October 2014
• Dovetail Construction
• 34" Scale Length
• 4 String Configuration (19.0mm Spacing)
• 24 Frets (Large)

Electronics Options
• Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
• EMG P / J Pickups
• Monarch Control Layout

5175D92F-6E0B-4BFE-8A66-5CAB8C7A576A.thumb.jpeg.5061e09b1b90bdcfb1143a6d0fd8f98a.jpeg

E7045C35-CD79-441D-BA2F-7BF673BD6892.thumb.jpeg.e6ffa19d7b4fc556c201ea18ab5c769e.jpeg

E858A907-66F9-4041-816A-40DC97C55616.thumb.jpeg.edaf6782c820e0fc9353fc1368fed590.jpeg

C123E307-3447-4E4C-9C17-8CF684B1B76E.thumb.jpeg.df067e5e964c6cddc663ad5edb1b4742.jpeg

2937D665-08F8-49ED-B597-818BC0F0400C.thumb.jpeg.d1aab69bd0fa44f96abcf80205aea25b.jpeg

2F135C22-8A27-4DDA-9F80-92B8D1E7D20F.thumb.jpeg.683ee1de5480c3060df42794c0f53df5.jpeg

Will come set up with a brand new pack of Fodera strings. 

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Edited by molan
Sold
  • Like 19

20 minutes ago, bassfan said:

That’s lovely Barrie… 😍

Having played, and owned, a few Foderas through the store, I think this is the prettiest top I’ve ever had. 

It hangs on the wall right next to where I work every day and every time I look at it, I smile. 

However, it just seems a shame that it’s not being used enough when I’m sure there’s someone out there that would play it regularly :)

• Like 4

The buckeye top may see itself as star of the show but that rosewood board has to take a bow for best supporting role. Absolutely gorgeous throughout - I’d love to play this. Alas, shorties only for me now. Just for fun… what’s the nut width and string spacing on this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, three said:

The buckeye top may see itself as star of the show but that rosewood board has to take a bow for best supporting role. Absolutely gorgeous throughout - I’d love to play this. Alas, shorties only for me now. Just for fun… what’s the nut width and string spacing on this?

19mm string spacing, but can be adjusted obvs. I would imagine the nut width would be standard Monarch size.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

19mm string spacing, but can be adjusted obvs. I would imagine the nut width would be standard Monarch size.

Yes, it’s that ‘in between’ size of around 1.625”. I can’t get my tape measure to get an exact figure but it’s somewhere between a classic thin J nut and a chunkier P. 

As a J player in the main, I’ve never noticed it being particularly wider when playing it. 

14 hours ago, three said:

The nut width on mine is 40.3mm. One would presume it would be very close to that.

A few questions from outside of UK. I have a multi-currency bank account. It’s currently set up to accept € & $, as well as £, but I can usually add other major currencies as well. 

Happy to ship internationally at buyer’s cost. 

27 minutes ago, joe_geezer said:

So whats going to be her replacement?

Sitting next to it is are 2 Ritter Cora’s, an NYC Sadowsky and a pair of early 60’s Fender Js so there’s some choice already available. 

Another Ritter is calling out to me though. . . 

• Like 1