Why become a member? ×

All original 1966 fender precision bass - *WITHDRAWN*
£8000
Glasgow

Danbass29

Amazing!

Do you have any information you can share about the history of the bass and maybe some specs?  Having the pictures is great, but more info would be even more helpful, for instance one picture seems to show the edge of a bridge "ashtray", but it doesn't appear in any of the other pictures.

Thank you.

Edited by petecarlton
Added explanation (and corrected appalling spelling).

38 minutes ago, petecarlton said:

Amazing!

Do you have any information you can share about the history of the bass and maybe some specs?  Having the pictures is great, but more info would be even more helpful, for instance one picture seems to show the edge of a bridge "ashtray", but it doesn't appear in any of the other pictures.

Thank you.

That picture is to show the ES stamped on the body which means entered special as they did with custom colour if you want to know more and you are interested you can mail me and I will be happy to help 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Danbass29 said:

That picture is to show the ES stamped on the body which means entered special as they did with custom colour if you want to know more and you are interested you can mail me and I will be happy to help 

Here’s the bass with the covers on 

AE22D4D8-D9F1-4A1F-B986-D13982733184.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Danbass29 said:

if you want to know more and you are interested you can mail me

That's kind of you, and I will certainly PM you, but I sincerely doubt if I'm the only BC-er who's interested and would love to know more about such an iconic instrument!

17 minutes ago, petecarlton said:

That's kind of you, and I will certainly PM you, but I sincerely doubt if I'm the only BC-er who's interested and would love to know more about such an iconic instrument!

I know the add is painted with broad strokes but if you tell what you want to know I will try my best to answer 

• Thanks 1

Nice one!

"ES" is indeed said to mean entered special. But apparently it meant that these instruments were meant to be used for displays and demonstration. I've mainly seen sunburst with this marking, which means it's not a custom color thing.

I've owned a '66 P, and it's genuinely the most characterfull P I've played so far.

Glwts 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SurroundedByManatees said:

Nice one!

"ES" is indeed said to mean entered special. But apparently it meant that these instruments were meant to be used for displays and demonstration. I've mainly seen sunburst with this marking, which means it's not a custom color thing.

I've owned a '66 P, and it's genuinely the most characterfull P I've played so far.

Glwts 

Thanks for this information 

• Danbass29 changed the title to All original 1966 fender precision bass withdrawn