Why become a member? ×

At last - a build!

GisserD

I've been putting this project off for years...

I purchased the neck and electronics in lockdown with the intention of making a body... 

Never happened.

But I snagged a pre made body on ebay, that I plan to heavily modify for upper fret access and or reshape generally. 

Neck is from a Polish luthier i beleive...All norsdtrand electronics, Nordy MM in the bridge, nordy Jazz at the neck, Babicz bridge. Ash body.

The plan is to stain/oil the bass only because i like the fifuring in the wood. ill try and source a small pieve of ebony yo make a controll plate.

Ill be using laser scanning, 3D printing and my CAD design skills to help finnish this, so its likley that it will exist in the virtual domain long before the real one.

Wish me luck 🙏 

Screenshot_20221116-145209_Gallery.jpg

Edited by GisserD
  • Like 7

the design for the neck pocket routing template is complete... ive decided to leave the horn mod off this template. the intention being get the neck on and see how bad the acess is before making any decisions. Ill be 3d printing the template overnight tonight.

image.thumb.png.867cacc368d5f3a481025e151dec758d.png

image.thumb.png.c594e1e7cbbfd3110abb320e7864c4c5.png

Edited by GisserD
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

Have you got room to move the bridge back to maintain the scale length if you are moving the neck pocket further into the body?

Cheers

The body has been pre drilled for the string through, and it seems to work in that position for a 35" scale. scale length has been checked and verified.

Edited by GisserD
  • Like 1