Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Glockenklang Blue Rock - *SOLD*
£800
Horley, Surrey

Merton

Didn’t think I’d move this on to be honest, I’ve had it a year and it’s easily one of the best bass amps I’ve ever owned - impeccable build quality, well thought out preamp, oodles of power, quiet as a mouse when it comes to the fan… but… there’s always a but…

Before buying this last year I’d had my heart set on the new Trace Elliot TE-1200 and thanks to @Russ I now have one. To be honest I find myself preferring the core tone of the Trace - this week I’ve done loud A/Bing with my rock band and it got a lot of attention at the recent SE Bass Bash. The Glock is absolutely superb, don’t get me wrong; the preamp is clean, crisp and hifi and the drive function is superb (so much so I preferred it over using the Ashdown OriginAL preamp), I just think I prefer the Trace. This is the Rolls Royce of bass amps and deserves to be played, not kept in its gigbag and used because I feel guilty occasionally.

It comes with its carry bag, mains lead and manual. And a Glockenklang sticker, very important that.

1000W at 4 ohms/500W at 8

Or, with the flick of two tiny dip switches on the underside, 900W at 2.67ohms.

Whilst this is class D and SMPS it really is one of the most full fat head you could imagine, all those “class D is weedy” threads are nonsense when you hear this. Powerful, clean, crisp, highly dynamic. Marvellous.

Price is for collection from Surrey, UK mainland shipping is £20. Thanks to Brexxxxit I can’t ship further afield.

B3BE0874-D006-4F97-95B2-3FA48BAFBDBB.thumb.jpeg.d229906ad5d35fcc8d70f6300522632d.jpeg

A245C1CF-057A-43D0-BDEB-32BAC67C5F23.thumb.jpeg.f889f72f3722645acd2acc7780a89629.jpeg

4E2019EC-39E6-46A1-ABC9-FA32B1E79CDA.thumb.jpeg.a534411d6fbd708b383296dfa93cdfd1.jpeg

AD792850-ABA4-48F6-A12D-0E6F765C0C3D.thumb.jpeg.6b1335d08be26b2ca73b2587805cbe7f.jpeg

Edited by Merton
Sold pending payment
  • Like 9

Wow - I didn't expect to see this on here.. What a surprise! 

Having just heard this at the South East Bash, I can testify to everything you've said about it @Merton.

It's a beautiful sounding amp, and the drive feature is one of the best I've ever heard on a non-valve amp... 

GLWTS 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merton said:

Cheers @silverfoxnik - tbh it hasn’t been an easy decision and I know we discussed the luxury of keeping a selection of amps but I realised I’ve got to be a bit sensible! (First time for everything…)

Not easy to do, Mert. 

I still have too many amps and go through a constant debate with myself about paring them down to just 2...

So far, the evil Gear Acquisition Monkey is winning the debate, hands down! 😬

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

Your Trace TE 1200 Barefaced 210 rig sounded sublime on Sunday but I bet this amp would sound great through Barefaced 12" cabs.  It's a cleaner sound.

GLWTS

Cheers! I think you’ve hit the nail on the head in terms of what this does very well indeed. The drive is superb but the clean sound probably works better with cleaner drivers, as an amp it’s ideal for those seeking a real “flat” rig.

• Merton changed the title to Sold pending: Glockenklang Blue Rock