Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision MiM Vintera Dakota Red. ***On Hold*** - *SOLD*
£500
St Helens

bigthumb

Reality check time. Do I like this bass? Hell yes. Do I need this bass? Well, no. 

It's an excellent bass, I mentioned in a thread here that it's one of the finest Precisions I've owned and I really can't fault it. At 8Lbs 12oz it's lighter than my US bass and a joy to play. It sounds fab and for once, I had no desire to start looking at new pups. The fit and finish on these Mex P's is as good as I've seen on any of my US ones. The neck is the wide but shallow 50's type which I find very comfortable to play. The action was low when I got it, too low for me so I set it up to my clumsy liking so if low actions is your thing, this will happily accommodate. 

Condition is excellent for a used bass, absolutely no issues to report, only the slightest surface scratches here and there. Nothing to photograph. 

I fitted the white guard as in the pictures as I simply hate the feel of the gold anodized one. I like the look of them but that's all! The gold one will be included in the sale as will be the Fender gig bag it came with.

So why am I selling? 

I use my Roscoe for the band as it covers everything. It's my main bass and quite superb in every way. I have a '95 US Precision which I cannot bring myself to part with and mostly, I need to sort my amplification requirements out which will be expensive. 

I don't have a box to ship it in so it's collection only from St Helens in the North West. I could possibly meet up if not too far for diesel costs or a Greggs veggie pastie. 

No trade offers please and the price is firm. 

I can take more pics if required but there's loads out there to view on line. Again, the condition is excellent so nothing really to show. 

IMG_1915.jpeg

IMG_1914.jpeg

IMG_1912.jpeg

Edited by bigthumb
  • Like 12

21 minutes ago, PaulHornBass said:

Very nice. A friend of mine has this bass. Played it and really liked the neck. What strings is yours wearing, please?

They’re the strings that came with it when I bought it. Nothing special, just nickel rounds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigthumb said:

They’re the strings that came with it when I bought it. Nothing special, just nickel rounds. 

I think they come with Fender nickel wound 7250 strings, reputedly made by D’addario. I had them on my FSR P bass. Nice strings.

Thats a lovely bass and a great price.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Is it a definite no to posting? As a soft southerner, it's far too far to collect otherwise I'd have it.

Sorry Steve, I don't have a box or case to send it in, just a gig bag I'm afraid. 

• bigthumb changed the title to Fender Precision MiM Vintera Dakota Red. ***SOLD***