Why become a member? ×

Took a bass in as a trade.

leschirons

I took this in as a PX trade. A Maruszczyk Elwood 5a. Wasn't even sure if I was going to keep it but I was interested in the pickup config as I sort of missed my Ray but also tended to use a Jazz on the neck PU 90% of the time.

I know nothing about these basses other than what I see mentioned on here.  If I'm honest, I'm mighty impressed. Can't fault the craftmanship and finish. Neck is a little chunkier than I like but I'll get used to it.

So yesterday, I gave it a bit of an outing with a couple of muso mates as I'd only tinkled around with "at home" volumes.

Don't know why I didn't try these before now. It has the tone I've been looking for for ages now.  I'm sure I've owned other basses that would have achieved it too but I had no idea how to find it. This was sort of "plug & play" if you like.

I'm hooked. It's a keeper. Seems to deliver everything I need from a bass.

Ellwood 5a.jpg

Edited by leschirons
Spelling
  • Like 22

Congratulations , finding that sound is quite the trip , oddly enough it was a Dano Longhorn that got me . 
Gorgeous looking bass too … bonus ! I still can’t decide if my Dano is cool as heck or butt ugly.

Edited by msb

3 hours ago, msb said:

Congratulations , finding that sound is quite the trip , oddly enough it was a Dano Longhorn that got me . 
Gorgeous looking bass too … bonus ! I still can’t decide if my Dano is cool as heck or butt ugly.

All in the eye of the beholder. If you love it, that's all that matters.