Why become a member? ×

Hi from the north-east, England.

wingo84

Hi there! 

Brand new to playing bass. Been playing guitar for around 20 years and decided to improve my reading skills and thought a new, but familiar, instrument would be the way to go. 

first bass purchase the other day was a Sire P5 and have slowly been thumping away. Joined the group as no doubt I’ll have plenty of newbie questions. 

I bought the Hal Leanord Bass Method collection which I have found a great resource. 

included picture!! D95024AC-92D0-40E2-9712-6AB39CBA78B5.thumb.jpeg.f590c1ad73d441023c04742cbc5a34bb.jpeg

• Like 1

Greetings from Buckinghamshire. I'll have a nose at that course. Never followed a course before or had lessons. Sure it can't hurt to look.

Nice bass. I have heard good things about them as well although not seen one in the wild.

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome wingo84.

I'm based in the north east too.

As well as Basschat you might want to have a look at the facebook page "The North East Bass Bin". It's a good local site for advice and equipment sales etc.

That said, if you're ever selling gear I always find that you get a better response on here.