Why become a member? ×

Cases/Bags for Transporting Cables and all other Misc.

NickMartinBass

Hey all, 

How is everyone transporting things like cables, in-ear cases, chargers, iPad/Tablets, spare strings, and all manner of miscellaneous things to gigs? 

I'm thinking more of touring where everything gets packed in a van with all the other cases, rather than say local club gigs/functions where I'd probably chuck most of those things in a gig bag. 

I'm trying to find a case with compartments to organise everything but haven't quite managed to find the right thing, so I'm curious as to what everyone else's solution is! 

Thanks

Nick

Ah, people reading the title but not the op, classic internet. 😁

Proper proper touring is done with either road cases or production cases depending on the size of the greeble that needs storing. If I was doing van touring I'd probably use one of the Flyht pelican case 'homages' 😉 with the divider. Would that work?

Like everyone else who has answered though I don't use any of those solutions though. I use a Stanley Fatmax. 

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1

Have a look at DeWalt TSTAK or Stanley Pro-Stack (they're the same thing).  They are modular cases/drawers/etc, so you can configure to get exactly what you need.

(And if you have Markbass amps, the colour scheme will kind of match 😁)

out.jpg.39c89eb5b59ee2ea85998c3838b6d60f.jpg

On 30/09/2022 at 19:21, Dan Dare said:

I use several of those aluminium (they're actually ply with an alu' skin) camera cases you can buy from Argos, Amazon and similar for mic's, cables, etc. Cheap and sturdy.

Alu case.jpg

Always check out the hinges on those , if they have a long piano hinge you’re ok , but if it’s two little inch long hinges they’re probably going to give out if they’re subjected to any abuse , like putting too much stuff in the case …

• 1 month later...
On 01/10/2022 at 09:59, Jack said:

Ah, people reading the title but not the op, classic internet. 😁

Proper proper touring is done with either road cases or production cases depending on the size of the greeble that needs storing. If I was doing van touring I'd probably use one of the Flyht pelican case 'homages' 😉 with the divider. Would that work?

Like everyone else who has answered though I don't use any of those solutions though. I use a Stanley Fatmax. 

That may be true. However, cables etc in a decent (flexible) bag can fit into odd spaces and help keep other things in place. Not so much in a truck, but certainly in the rear of a splitter van.