Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - Vigier Passion IV - price drop £2000 incl. mainland UK shipping - *SOLD*
£2500
Epsom, Surrey

CookPassBabtridge

Now £2000 with free mainland UK shipping

I may live to regret this but up for sale is my Vigier Passion IV (2020).

What is there to say about these basses. They have a very loyal and passionate (pun intended) following here on Basschat, and with very good reason. The proprietary pickups in their ‘bridge-biased’ position provide untold amounts of punch. The 3-band preamp also gives you access to a huge amount of different tones, so chances are that whatever style of music you’re playing you’ll find the right sound here. This bass cuts through the mix like no-one’s business, is super comfortable to play and has the best finish of any instrument I’ve laid my hands on.

There are a couple of slightly uncommon features on this bass that are also worth highlighting. The first is that there is no truss rod. This is because the neck is made from phenowood – that is, wood injected with a phenolic resin which means that the neck doesn’t move as a result of temperature or environment changes. So no more worrying about bowed necks or fiddly setups!

The other cool feature is the locking input jack. Once your cable is plugged in it’s not going anywhere, so you’re unlikely to suffer from loose connections or accidentally pulling your cable out mid-set.

Other specs are (taken from the Vigier website):

Neck
Wood : Maple naturally dried for 3 years
Shape : D
Finish : Glossy
Width of neck at nut : 40 mm/1.57 "
Width of neck at last fret : 56,4mm / 14.32 "
Depth of neck at first fret : 19,5mm / .76 "
Depth of neck at 12th fret : 23mm / .90 "
String spacing at nut : 31,5 mm / 1.24 "
String spacing at bridge : 53 mm / 2.125 "
Action as supplied at 12th fret, treble : 1.8 mm / .0709 "
Action as supplied at 12th fret, bass : 2.3mm / .0906 "
Type of nut : Teflon nut + hardened zero fret technology

Fingerboard
Wood : Phenowood
Radius : 300mm/11.81 "
Type of frets : Medium
Number of frets : 24
Scale length : 860mm / 33.8 "
Inlay : Dots

Body
Wood : Flamed maple / alder / flamed maple naturally aged
Finish : Varnish dries for 5 weeks minimum

Accessories
Machine heads brand name : Schaller
Type of bridge : One bridge per string
End pin : Brass casing that inserts deep into the body and locks the strap button in place
Finish : Chrome

Electronics
Pickup brand name : Vigier
Type of pickup : Single, twin coil in line
Switch : Balance
Controls : Volume
Balance
Bass
Medium
Treble
Shielding : Conductive paint

Miscellaneous
Weight : 3,8Kg / 8.3lbs

This bass is immaculate (to the extent the original stickers are still present!) – home use only and without any significant dings or scratches. The only reason I’m selling is because it’s not getting the attention it deserves and I could do with the cash for other things. I also believe that Patrice Vigier has now closed his order books as he is retiring – so short of keeping your fingers crossed and hoping one pops up for sale elsewhere, this is probably your best bet of getting a Passion IV in this condition for a good while, or maybe ever! 

No trades or offers please. Collection preferred as I would like you to try before you buy. I can also offer excellent, in-person bass chat (another pun intended) and as much tea/coffee as you desire if you make the effort to come and see me. However I am willing to ship if preferred - please contact me to discuss though as I will need to arrange. 

Also feel free to check out my feedback here and approach me with confidence 😊

IMG_8951.JPG

IMG_8957.JPG

IMG_8955.JPG

IMG_8954.JPG

IMG_8958.JPG

IMG_8960.jpeg

Edited by CookPassBabtridge
  • Like 22

23 minutes ago, triplebass said:

can you please take some photos on a background without stripes, i can’t focus my eyes… :)

looks great, as far as i can see, but SO far away from me…

Blame my missus’ choice of carpet. Based on that you probably wouldn’t like how the rest of my house is decorated either 😂

• Haha 1

• CookPassBabtridge changed the title to Vigier Passion IV - price drop £2200 incl. mainland UK shipping

I really wish someone would buy this, so I don't have to keep coming back for a quick swatch (look) at something I don't really need!! plus cannot afford!! This is a really fantastic price for an immaculate, as new Vigier..

Not even a ding on the headstock! (That's a first to me!) As stated before, someone will be very happy..

GLWTS😃👍

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wright/watt said:

I really wish someone would buy this, so I don't have to keep coming back for a quick swatch (look) at something I don't really need!! plus cannot afford!! This is a really fantastic price for an immaculate, as new Vigier..

Not even a ding on the headstock! (That's a first to me!) As stated before, someone will be very happy..

GLWTS😃👍

Thanks mate, yes it’s potentially getting to the stage where I’ll hang on to it as it’s too nice a bass to let go for much less than this, particularly given the condition. Truly a wonderful instrument that will give someone a lot of happy playing. 

• Like 2

This is nuts! I wouldn’t even think about selling it for less than this price. 

I have exactly the same bass with a very near number and it’s a beast. Rock/Metal/Pop it’s all here! And the string spacing means it’s super quick.

I’m now thinking of selling two trusty (non- Vigier) basses to fund this one! 

Don’t fall into the Pedulla trap, get a pristine one while you can! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rhysyjob said:

This is nuts! I wouldn’t even think about selling it for less than this price. 

I have exactly the same bass with a very near number and it’s a beast. Rock/Metal/Pop it’s all here! And the string spacing means it’s super quick.

I’m now thinking of selling two trusty (non- Vigier) basses to fund this one! 

Don’t fall into the Pedulla trap, get a pristine one while you can! 

Cheers! Yeah they’re rare enough with Patrice still making them, let alone when he closes the shop for good. Super comfortable and versatile as you say. If you do end up in a position to grab this one hit me up 🤙 

• CookPassBabtridge changed the title to Vigier Passion IV - price drop £2000 incl. mainland UK shipping
  • CookPassBabtridge changed the title to ON HOLD - Vigier Passion IV - price drop £2000 incl. mainland UK shipping
  • CookPassBabtridge changed the title to SOLD - Vigier Passion IV - price drop £2000 incl. mainland UK shipping