Why become a member? ×

Who wants a bargain…

okusman

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve never really had anything to do with squier , that looks like a lot of bass for under £300, and a nice colour 

My Squier CV 70’s PBass is my favourite bass at the moment 

Ive modified it so only body / neck and tuners are original! 

14 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

My Squier CV 70’s PBass is my favourite bass at the moment 

Ive modified it so only body / neck and tuners are original! 

At the price above I can see how someone could upgrade it if they wasn’t happy with certain things, and still have a nice jazz at a reasonable price 

• Like 1

I've ordered one. Should make a great platform to do some mods and if there's any QC issues I can send it back. I've got an earlier Chinese CV 60's P which is a keeper so I'm hoping these haven't strayed too far from that formula. 

Will be interesting to see how light the Indian laurel fretboard is in person, I'm not a massive fan of the looks of pau ferro. 

Some lovely tones:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve never really had anything to do with squier , that looks like a lot of bass for under £300, and a nice colour 

I've owned quite a few Fenders, but they're all gone.

This Squier isn't going anywhere!

Proper strings were the only thing it needed.

Picsart_22-05-10_17-27-11-338.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered one too. It looks beautiful and played well out of the box, although I’m sure would have been even better if I’d taken the time to set it up fully. However, it’s now in pieces awaiting my  cack-handed attempt to really make it my own.

I’ve owned a Squier VM 70s Jazz for a while and I’ve never felt the need to ‘upgrade’ my jazz. I thought the VM and CV series basses were a steal but this offer is excellent.

On 18/08/2022 at 21:02, Happypants said:

I've ordered one. Should make a great platform to do some mods and if there's any QC issues I can send it back. I've got an earlier Chinese CV 60's P which is a keeper so I'm hoping these haven't strayed too far from that formula. 

I sent it back. Fit and finish was generally good but some really uneven frets that would have required fret levelling and that's past my ability. Fair play to Peach, once I'd sent them a video of the buzz despite raising the action (relief was fine) they took it back and paid for the postage.

I've now found a matching colour (to my P) Chinese CV jazz from 2008 which is fantastic (big fan of these).

Mine arrived today, very impressed. Fretwork is good and it sounds great plugged in.

The only thing that stands out to me is the pole pieces poke out of the pickup covers (they are all level mind). My other jazzes the pole pieces are flush. Is this a usual squier thing? 

7E2612E7-A2DB-489D-AC1E-54981AE271C8.jpeg

4DE3B411-790E-4B9F-A647-961247BF67DD.jpeg

Edited by Folkesy

• 3 weeks later...