Why become a member? ×

Rechargeable Pedal Power Supplies

peteb

I am thinking of getting a rechargeable pedal power supply for my mini pedalboard. It would need to run one 12v (ideally 15v) pedal and maybe three 9v pedals.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I know that there is the PedalTrain Volto, but that only seems to work for 9v pedals. 

Edited by peteb

I have one of these which I use with a Mars bar sized 10,000mAh rechargable USB powerpack

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Voltage-Converter-Behringer-Harmonix-Electronic/dp/B09PD7PKBM

This system can power a small pedalboard of five 9v pedals for several hours without using much charge but unfortunately it doesn't do 12V.

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

But how many of those are rechargeable? 

The idea is that it should be smartphone sized, so that you can put it under a PedalTrain mini board, and can be charged up before the gig (like a phone) so that you don't need to run a mains cable to the board onstage. 

Edited by peteb

I can’t think of a single one that will do 12v.

I think you’d have to get janky. Use a 20,000maH power pack and then run a voltage converter cable to get 12v, and then use a second 9v one for the other pedals. You’ll have to do the maths to make sure the set up will give enough current draw for your pedals for long enough for a gig.

Digital pedals in particular run them down fast.

By the time you’ve done all that you might as well get a nice long power cable and a traditional isolated power supply.

5 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

By the time you’ve done all that you might as well get a nice long power cable and a traditional isolated power supply.

Exactly - no point in getting something that that's more faff than I currently use! .

Maybe the new version of the Volto when it comes out might be able to handle something more than 9v? 

7 hours ago, peteb said:

I am thinking of getting a rechargeable pedal power supply for my mini pedalboard. It would need to run one 12v (ideally 15v) pedal and maybe three 9v pedals.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I know that there is the PedalTrain Volto, but that only seems to work for 9v pedals. 

Get a rechargeable USB pack, a 9V and a 12V one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184366410931 and a daisy chain for the 9V, and also a pair of polarity inverters.

1 hour ago, naxos10 said:

Have a look at the Ripchords on the myVolts.com website.

These can used with powerbanks.

I’ve done that. I had a board with a lot of high draw pedals so I had three 20,000mAh packs underneath.

Worked great, but was annoyingly heavy and the charging process was a pain in the derrière.

I now have a 6m IEC cable instead!

8 hours ago, Higgie said:

Yes, that's an option alongside something like a Volto.