Why become a member? ×

Amp/speaker stand

Niiranen

I use a camping table/stool from Go Outdoors. Table top will take a claimed 30kg (I've had about 20kg of speakers and amp on it). With the table top off, the stool has a canvass seat and this combination is good for 90kg (and personally tested to 70kg with me sitting on it). The unit height is abut 19"/48cm. Folds flat and even has a little carrying bag. I got it on sale in Go Outdoors for something like £10.

I also use a camping stool - cheap, lightweight, folds flat. My small cab sits in the canvas bit like a sling. When I use it with my big cab, it rests on top of the metal bars, and the feet on the cab sit just outside them, which keeps it centred. It's obviously quite top-heavy when loaded, and not massively stable along the front-back axis of the seat - I wouldn't use it on unstable ground, or a crowded stage with careless band members. But in the right scenario, it's very handy!

image.thumb.png.a6041b0f25e5dd92ab960e026c68b2c3.png

If I’m gigging on skinny-string guitar then I almost always have my (combo) amp up on a stand. But if I’m gigging on bass I never have my cab on a stand. Most often my cab is a BF Super Twin which has excellent dispersion so no problem.