Why become a member? ×

Markbass

Mark76099

Not sure if feeding the trolls here... The 102p is only a speaker cabinet, and needs to be powered by an external amplifier. The dial on the side is a (passive) volume control for the high frequency tweeter which enables you to cut the highest frequencies a bit. 

2 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Not sure if feeding the trolls here... The 102p is only a speaker cabinet, and needs to be powered by an external amplifier. The dial on the side is a (passive) volume control for the high frequency tweeter which enables you to cut the highest frequencies a bit. 

As above, the difference is quite subtle and depends how your amp is set up too ( you are going through an amp...)?

On 06/07/2022 at 11:42, Mark76099 said:

Hi, I just brought a markbass 102p cab and on the side there's a dial with states increase/decrease in dbs, but when plugged in and turned on nothing seems to happen?

I had one of these cabs and like you didn’t find the tweeter level control had much effect.

The 102p cabs have the piezo tweeters and these are certainly more subtle than tweeters I’ve had in other cabinets.  I ended up leaving it fully open and push the treble a little on the amp

Edited by PatrickJ

I have one of those cabinets and, although I know what that control is supposed to do, I can't hear any difference in the sound when I change the setting.  It may be my cloth ears, that it's only effective when the rest of the band is in full flow, or that I'm too close.

2 hours ago, Nicko said:

I have one of those cabinets and, although I know what that control is supposed to do, I can't hear any difference in the sound when I change the setting.  It may be my cloth ears, that it's only effective when the rest of the band is in full flow, or that I'm too close.

Try using as much treble as possible off the bass and a bit more than usual on the amp, then ‘scrape’ with you nails along a string nearer the bridge area and use the cab control to see if there is any difference … if not then I’d check the connection to the tweeter/horn hasn’t fallen off inside the cab, taking off one of the carry handles if possible because they do drop off sometimes!

It's just a tweeter control.

If you already have your treble control turned down quite a lot then you won't notice much if anything.

On the other hand if your amp treble is at full then you'll notice more and the tweeter deals with those upper frequencies

• Like 1