Why become a member? ×

Neural Quad Cortex

redd

6 hours ago, bassmayhem said:

What free IR's have you found that are worth using? I have the Shift Line IR package. Their B15 is sweet...

There's a good list in this article, that's where I started

https://makemusicwith.me/best-guitar-impulse-responses/

The I found a couple of threads in Gear Heads and (I think) on Basschat talking about IRs generally.

I use the Celestion 12s and a great 8x10 from one of the libraries, but I'd have to check to find which one. Good IRs are the secret to modelling I think.

So wierd to have this pop up. I've been watching the Nate Navarro YT video on this recently and completely blown away. I'm such an amateur player and couldn't possibly even make use of 10% of this power of this thing but I desparately want to get it. It's like its the answer to all my questions 😬😄 . It is GAS in the extreme.

• Like 2

So, I am absolutely freakin' loving my QC! It sounds just so much better than the HX Stomp to my ears. Hard to explain, it because the Stomp did not sound bad, but the QC is just better. Fuller, more responsive to me. I've barely started to scratch the surface on making presets but the bit I have done has been super simple. Looking forward to CorOs 2.0 when it comes out, as I'm sure we all are but I'm more than happy with what I've got now.

I'm now unloading a bunch of my pedals (including the Stomp) and simplifying my pedal life, which feels so good. I love my pedals, but I just found that I was continually messing with them, rebuilding my board to try new things out over and over, having an at-home board that needed to be partially dismantled every time I played a gig, it was just stressing me out and I felt like I was spending more time figuring out routing than playing! This just feels simple and I'm confident that the tones I have at my fingertips are really good, whereas before I felt like I was settling for "that will do".

This weekend I'm planning to capture my Markbass Vintage Classic 500 head. I'll be capturing the DI from it, but can I just check do I need to connect it to my cabinet if I am just doing the DI? I remember reading somewhere that it was best to do that, or was that just for tube amps?

• Like 4

Best to, no amp like running without a reactive load on the output.

The DI will only be the Pre-amp, but again that won't matter much for a solid state head.

I found the capture input level is critical, it's very easy to distort the capture by having the input up too high.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Updated last night too. All sound so far!! My presets are intact and everything is where it should be!

I'm hoping to get some time to shoot a whole bunch of walk-through videos on the QC in coming weeks, we shall see how we do with time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Global EQ, very useful. IR loader block, very useful. 

The different performance modes don't help me much as mine is a studio tool first and foremost, but I can see how they'd be great for live work.

The modified capture process is working very well I think.

A good update so far.

I noted one "glitch" after the update; I had to "reinstall" the compressor blocks in my presets. They all started squishing the life out of the presets.

No big deal; just make a new one and copy and paste in all the presets. I only use the 1176 type compressor, so it was an easy fix.

The new compressor level display comes very handy...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to dive in here, but I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Such an amazing piece of kit that is so versatile! 

I'm currently driving my Laney 4x10 using the Hotone Loudster which provides more than enough volume to keep up with my band and is also a quarter the price of the Seymour Duncan Powerstage! 

The cull has already begun and I've more or less listed my entire rig baring my cab already. 

Also if anybody would like (in my opinion) a decent capture of a Darkglass X7 my username is: Glennalli (the one titled X7 6666 is my personal favourite) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This may (or may not!) be of any use or help to anyone considering a QC, but last week my band released a single and its the first bit of bass I've recorded and released using solely the Quad Cortex!

For this I used two scenes; one a heavily distorted bass heavy track using Darkglass captures, compression and Bergantino IRs, spit across two lanes (distortion on high mids/highs only); second was a modulated chorus tone for the cleans in the verses. Would love to know what you guys think! (goes without saying, listen with decent phones/speakers!)

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Just re vamped my QC.

Found a Nobel PreAmp capture pack. Like a dozen different Nobel captured. Took out the Darkglass Vintage OD pre and stuck in one of these. Still running the Mesa 400+ amp. 210 Darkglass Neo cab With 212 Darkglass neo IRs. EQ is Hi pass Lo pass and parametric 8. 

Excited about the Nobel captures.

3 minutes ago, joel406 said:

Just re vamped my QC.

Found a Nobel PreAmp capture pack. Like a dozen different Nobel captured. Took out the Darkglass Vintage OD pre and stuck in one of these. Still running the Mesa 400+ amp. 210 Darkglass Neo cab With 212 Darkglass neo IRs. EQ is Hi pass Lo pass and parametric 8. 

Excited about the Nobel captures.

Seen a few on the Cloud but where is this pack? :)