Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky RV5 Burst/Tort/Rosewood: SOLD SUBJECT TO APPROVAL

Brother Jones

Much as I hate to split up my pair of Sadowskys, one has to go and I can't help but be more of a four string guy.

I bought this about 18 months ago from a bass tutor in Surrey. He'd just brought it back from New York where he'd bought it new from Sadowsky.

Tonally and playability wise it's the best 5 I've touched. The spacing is spot on (for me at least) and the tone is very punchy and even across the board. Body wood is alder with a Morado board.

Condition wise it has a small dint in the back of the headstock, but is otherwise mint, not even any buckle rash. Ungigged - just used for noodling around. Comes with its original Sadowsky semi-hard case.

I don't drive, but can meet up in central London. Price is a pretty firm £1200. Not really interested in trades as need cash for engagement ring...

Quick edit: this is VTC equipped and has the usual pull pot for passive bail-outs.

Edited by Brother Jones

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='461381' date='Apr 13 2009, 06:19 PM']Much as I hate to split up my pair of Sadowskys, one has to go and I can't help but be more of a four string guy.

I bought this about 18 months ago from a bass tutor in Surrey. He'd just brought it back from New York where he'd bought it new from Sadowsky.

Tonally and playability wise it's the best 5 I've touched. The spacing is spot on (for me at least) and the tone is very punchy and even across the board. Body wood is alder with a Brazilian rosewood board.

Condition wise it has a small dint in the back of the headstock, but is otherwise mint, not even any buckle rash. Ungigged - just used for noodling around. Comes with its original Sadowsky semi-hard case.

I don't drive, but can meet up in central London. Price is a pretty firm £1200. Not really interested in trades as need cash for engagement ring...[/quote]

UHHH..

Im a little confused why you have a Pic of my Sadowsky in your advert. Thats my couch.??

I dont mind you using the pic, but it may be a bit misleading as its not the bass your selling!

Second Pic from left...

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='461399' date='Apr 13 2009, 06:44 PM']Whoops, I assumed that was a pic from the guy I bought it from - apologies, will delete. I had always thought this was a Metro Vintage 5 - hence MV5 - but will edit title.[/quote]No probs.. :)

The first letter is the fret board wood..RV5....Rosewood.. MV5....Maple..You prob guessed this by now :rolleyes:

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='joetruscott' post='461395' date='Apr 13 2009, 06:39 PM']that is a bit weird.... Also the title is wrong. It's not a MV5 but a RV5. Would you post this??[/quote]

It's not weird - I am being a bit incompetent. Sorry, but I'm not prepared to risk this in the post.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='461674' date='Apr 13 2009, 10:45 PM']hey!!

Lovely looking bass mate!

im pretty tempted my self actually!

one quick thing though........i think it will be a morado fingerboard on this model, not Brazilian rosewood :)

that wood is usually reserved for the NYC basses

good luck with the sale!

:rolleyes:[/quote]

So if someone is taking this 5 does that mean there is a 4 going spare? :D

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='461702' date='Apr 13 2009, 11:18 PM']So if someone is taking this 5 does that mean there is a 4 going spare? :rolleyes:[/quote]

Hahaha

i wish i had the cash for it mate!

although im not sure i'll ever get into playing 5 strings?

im pretty sure this bass wont be for sale for long!

:)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='461674' date='Apr 13 2009, 10:45 PM']hey!!

Lovely looking bass mate!

im pretty tempted my self actually!

one quick thing though........i think it will be a morado fingerboard on this model, not Brazilian rosewood :)

that wood is usually reserved for the NYC basses

good luck with the sale!

:rolleyes:[/quote]

Is this listing jinxed or what? I based that on something another (seemingly well informed) Basschatter said about them being 'the same thing'...

Another ninja-edit.

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='461730' date='Apr 14 2009, 12:07 AM']Is this listing jinxed or what? I based that on something another (seemingly well informed) Basschatter said about them being 'the same thing'...

Another ninja-edit.[/quote]

sorry i didnt mean to annoy you mate :)

as far as im aware Morado and Pau Ferro are the same woods! maybe thats what they ment?

either way it doesn't matter

your bass is stunning!!

I would love to own such a lovely 5 string!

:rolleyes: