Why become a member? ×

FENDER RUMBLE 500 V3 BASS COMBO

thebrig

I play in a classic rock band (nothing too heavy), in medium sized pubs and clubs with a fairly loud drummer, and I've read that the Fender Rumble 500 V3 is pretty loud without an extension cab.

I now need something smaller and lighter, so would one of these do the job?

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by thebrig

Hi .. the reviews for the Rumble are very good so I’m sure this would do the job assuming the band isn’t too loud !

I play in a band playing loud rock and use a 600w head and 212 cab but my cab allows all the amp power to be used 

I think the Rumble needs an extension cab to get the full 500w out of it but they do claim to be loud combos so it may be ok 

Ive tried just the cabs and they are pretty decent and light in weight 

Someone is selling one on this site for £400 I believe 

Edited by BassAdder27

2 hours ago, BassAdder27 said:

Hi .. the reviews for the Rumble are very good so I’m sure this would do the job assuming the band isn’t too loud !

I play in a band playing loud rock and use a 600w head and 212 cab but my cab allows all the amp power to be used 

I think the Rumble needs an extension cab to get the full 500w out of it but they do claim to be loud combos so it may be ok 

Ive tried just the cabs and they are pretty decent and light in weight 

Someone is selling one on this site for £400 I believe 

Thanks for the info 

I've had mine since early 2018 and used it on various gigs and rehearsals in '18/'19 before things went strange. It was always plenty loud enough on its own in a rock/metal band up against two guitarists with half-stacks and an energetic drummer.

Agree that the single handle on the top isn't all that helpful, so I bought the cover for the extension cab (which has recessed side-handles) and just attached surface-mount handles where the holes were. I also added wheels for the full mobility experience and extra ground clearance over beer-puddles, but that's obviously got potential to cause problems stacking it on an extension cab. Having heard it, though, I was confident I wouldn't want to do that.

9F5E88EE-6806-4C79-BBE3-56B49C43EAAB.thumb.jpeg.52322ac0609417820e13e084d3ce98ca.jpeg

• Like 1

I played the 210 500w version on a gig as it was the supplied back line (no ext cab so 350w ish) and promptly went out and bought one locally… I think it’s a great combo. All controls at noon is a great pedal friendly sound but the amp has enough variation with the onboard ‘voicing’ switches and the built in drive to make it fit in with a range of styles. It can sound modern and scooped or quite vintage and low middy all just with those switches. I can imagine paired with an ext cab it would enhance an already great unit. Maybe it’s because I played 212’s for so long but I find the 210’s to be a great sound and by virtue of having a 2xx over a 1xx it will help with perceived volume and projection. I’d love to add the 115 but not because I’m lacking volume it’d just be cool to have that ‘stack’ vibe!

I was gigging mine at the weekend and although we had foh support I was running my master about 11 and gain at noon, all controls at noon in fact and was punching through nicely. I did have a pedal board with me using some eq/gain and occasional drive but I wasn’t pushing mad levels of addition volume -  got a message from the drummer yesterday saying she liked the sound (I was using a new to me bass for that gig) she felt it cut through and sounded clear. I had no issues hearing myself either!

*The pic was taken as I was setting up 

06C29D7D-42FA-4777-A169-3C8E5FF5EEAC.thumb.jpeg.611cf5d1391931f3bff51d5735572052.jpeg

Edited by krispn
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

I have not used the 500 but I did use the 350 2x10. It was the first fender amp that had ever impressed me. It filled a fairly  large bar and handled every thing that my Six String Fretless could throw at it. :)

that's the 500, it's only 350 watts at 8 ohms, 500 with an extension cab

• Like 2