Why become a member? ×

Nova Twins - incredible bass sound and really exciting band

matybigfro

I saw The Nova Twins in Bristol live last weekend and was absolutely blown away. I'd been listening to the band for about year and loved the demos but my god, live they bring exactly what you hope them too.

Let alone the energy and stage presence they had as band, like watching a combination of Destiny's Child and Rage Against the Machine on stage. But my god the bass sound is incredible. Georgia South is getting some really impressive forward thinking live EDM/dubstep/grime sounds out of her rig live. Huge subs but equally blistering heavy riffs too. I tried to catch a look at her pedal board at the end of the show and it looked huge and unfortunately was covered by a fluffy cow pattern blanket (love the style all the same). I think I spotted a source audio hot hand on her finger. 

I think they're one of the most exciting heavy rock acts to come out in a long long time so would Defo recommend checking them out. Plus playing and equipment wise a really inspiration.

• Like 2

Saw them in Birmingham last month. They really are very, very good live and have been steadily (and noisily) building for a few years now.

Georgia has clearly put a lot of time and effort into her sound and pedalboard. Indeed, she’s one of those secretive types it seems and the blanket over the board may be a little superfluous as the pedals are largely taped over to some degree or another anyway.

Anyway, yes, they’re ace and I hope and expect them to kick on further from here.