Why become a member? ×

1970s Fender Precision Bass Antigua Finish

Maxbass

Good morning, fellow Bass players :)

I‘m looking for a 70s Fender Precision in Antigua Finish.

Fell in a strange kind of love with that finish.
I‘m looking forward to soon becoming a father. Meaning I should find one of those basses as long as i can still afford it and have the time looking for it. 

Sorry for my English, I hope everyone understands what I’m talking about.

Anyways, would be great hearing from you if anyone is selling one for a fair price :) 

Have a great weekend,

Max

• Like 1

Congratulations in advance regarding your impending fatherhood.

I do not know of a 70's Precision being available but keep watching the classifieds and it might be worth putting your request in the wanted section os said classifieds.

I hope everything goes well.

• Like 1

Hi Maxbass, I’m on most vintage bass sites most days and they don’t seem to come up very often, as above you could put an ad in the wanted section and keep an eye on Reverb, if I see one I’ll let you know, good luck with your search 👍

• Like 1

Thanks to you two as well!

I‘m looking for a 1970s/1980s American made model. 
It will hopefully be the last Bass I buy for quite some time so it should meet those preferences, a vintage American Antigua Fender :)

One day I will find one :) 

15 hours ago, Maxbass said:

Good morning, fellow Bass players :)

I‘m looking for a 70s Fender Precision in Antigua Finish.

Fell in a strange kind of love with that finish.
I‘m looking forward to soon becoming a father. Meaning I should find one of those basses as long as i can still afford it and have the time looking for it. 

Sorry for my English, I hope everyone understands what I’m talking about.

Anyways, would be great hearing from you if anyone is selling one for a fair price :) 

Have a great weekend,

Max

Your English is just fine 

😅Wow, this is making me feel old! Around the time I started playing the local guitar shop was full of new Fenders in what at the time were the latest finishes, and this Antigua Burst was one of them , along with Capri Orange, I remember, both of which have become pretty sought after nowadays.

Good luck with finding what you are after Max, but might I advise proceeding with caution before spending a lot of money. Without wishing to stir up controversy, late 70s/early 80s Fenders can be a bit of a lottery in terms of build quality and playability, and an awful lot of the basses from that era are pretty heavy, if weight is an issue for you. Just something to be aware of, and I wish you well in hunting down your dream bass.🙂

Edited by Misdee

• 2 weeks later...

I would caution that if you do get one, make sure it’s sought after enough to make your money back. Genuine 70s Fenders are rare enough to sell so long as they’re not a boat anchor and/or wrecked. It’s a finish that you can fall in love with and quite easily fall rather heavily out of love with ;)  

Good point. 
I‘m looking for a +/- lightweight and in good condition Bass. So the rare holy grail of that era :D

And you’re right about the finish. But somehow it attracts me a lot. I’m a very unattractive way :D Strange things happen…