Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Sussex

Random Guitarist

HI, I'm Grant. I use the name randomguitarist because I seem unable to remember arrangement details and have to improvise a lot on both guitar and bass. I seem to be heading more to the bass side of life at the moment.

I Currently play:

Ibanez SR500 with flatwounds, love the feel and get some good sounds but it's not very fender 

Sire P7, swamp ash/maple on roundwounds. I know some people have commented on slight variations in quality, I was lucky enough to be able to play this one in the shop and it is utterly perfect, there's a risk it may make the Ibanez obsolete

Squier p-bass body with a mighty mite fretless neck. It's a mess in that the neck was a 5 string, but the body is a four the neck has had a 4 string nut put in at some point, so it's all a bit Frankenstein really.

Loudness comes from a TC BH500 that I got cheap when they were being discontinued. I then cam across a guy selling two of the 2x12 TC cabs and another head the same. So far I have never found one head/cab inadequate, but I keep the other head/cab for 'spares', I also fantasise I might get around to running to amps in parallel, one clean and low, one high and ditrty, but I'm too lazy TBH.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Cliff Edge said:

I lived in the Fens for 20 odd years. Could not wait to get the hell back to civilisation.  🙂

Know what you mean. Only the last time I went back to Sussex it seemed to be full of oiks with baseball caps driving L200s.  Nostalgia's not what it used to be.

• Like 1

It's not what it once was, I was born here, went to university in London, came back tired, emotional and barely qualified. Found a local job and never quite felt the need to move. Having said that, I think it might be time to move soon. Creeping urbanisation and a road system that is becoming more complex and busy every day.

• Like 1