Why become a member? ×

Fender Road Worn Series 60's Jazz Bass guitar first run. - *SOLD*
£800
Darlington

karlfer

This was withdrawn in August last year as it's so good, but needs must

Made in 2008 for release at winter NAMM 2009. 
These early models did not have the circular CNC route under the scratchplate, so can be used with the plate off.

THEY DID, however, have ROAD W stamped into the body as these first ones were select Alder & the first non Fender Custom Shop Road Worn finish basses.

Weight 8lb 14oz.

They have a very good rep, please do your research.
As they are now discontinued (last rrp was £1279) they will most likely come up less often.

Sale as my Elite Jazz is frankly the best jazz I've ever had and I'm looking to try a different kind of bass so this is on the block.

TRADE.

The ONLY trade I'm looking for is a 2017/2020 Mexico Fender Deluxe Active Precision Bass Special (the one with active/passive switch).

It must be in excellent condition please, Sunburst & Maple preferred but happy to talk about the other 2 colours.

Bass recorded on mobile phone, I don't have headphones so no idea what it sounds like.

Collection from Darlington preferred or I half way meet up to 100 miles radius of Darlington. 

No gigbag or packaging so I can't courier at the moment.

Feedback available.
Thanks for looking,
Karl.

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 15

Lovely basses the Roadworn Series. Did I get the Roadworn P from you a number of years ago? 

You keep on doing this Karl! I need a Jazz and a a Precision at the moment and I really don't want to sell my USA Sterling to fund them! You're not helping!  GLWTS

Edited by itsmedunc

16 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Lovely basses the Roadworn Series. Did I get the Roadworn P from you a number of years ago? 

You keep on doing this Karl! I need a Jazz and a a Precision at the moment and I really don't want to sell my USA Sterling to fund them! You're not helping!  GLWTS

Yes you did Dunc, thanks.

Glad to be of (emptying your pocket) service 😁

On 14/02/2022 at 19:10, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I've owned many Jazzes over the years - the Roadworn was easily the best. An absolute joy to play.

As always, us living at opportunity ends of the country is both a blessing and a curse. GLWTS!

I know a service station 😉😁

I think that anybody who likes jazz basses should try one of these if they get the chance, particularly the earlier ones with Rosewood boards.

I find it difficult to explain just how good & easy to play the necks are.

Road Worn is a bit "love or hate" but I think there would be some interesting results in a blindfold test.

I do prefer my (now fully passive, series/parallel, stack knob) Jazz Elite with asymmetrical neck & compound radius fingerboard. But not a lot in it.

I have a US Jazz, a US P Bass and a Gibson T Bird and also a roadworn sunburst jazz that I only got as I started playing in a Hendrix tribute band but by golly it is my best bass in terms of tone and playability - it just feels like an extension to your left arm and the classic tone is to die for! Read a copy of the Haynes Fender Bass Guitar Manual he states that it is the best jazz bass he has ever played and I can believe it- so if in doubt just buy it - you will not regret it

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, CookPassBabtridge said:

These are seriously, seriously nice basses. I’m lucky enough to have a sunburst/rosewood version. If anyone is on the fence about pulling the trigger, just do it! 

21 hours ago, Shylock said:

I have a US Jazz, a US P Bass and a Gibson T Bird and also a roadworn sunburst jazz that I only got as I started playing in a Hendrix tribute band but by golly it is my best bass in terms of tone and playability - it just feels like an extension to your left arm and the classic tone is to die for! Read a copy of the Haynes Fender Bass Guitar Manual he states that it is the best jazz bass he has ever played and I can believe it- so if in doubt just buy it - you will not regret it

Thanks gents, indeed they are pretty damn good.

9 hours ago, CJPJ said:

Awsome bass. Such a shame the volume wasn't higher in the mix on the recording as that playing looks epic.

Thanks @CJPJ

I have no idea, I can only listen to it on my laptop & I don't have any headphones. I'm only aware of a vague rumbling.

I don't think there was a mix as such, just a punter recorded it on their phone & kindly sent us a link 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CJPJ said:

Make sense. iPhones tend to pick up on the trebles and not the bass. You look like you are putting in the work!

I have to. They are all good but tend to be a bit plinky jangly 60's pop-ish so I try to put a bit of drive & balls into some of the songs.

Having said they are good, both guitarists have at least one Gibson Les Dawson moment per gig 😁

Edited by karlfer
Spelling. Again.
  • Like 1

• karlfer changed the title to Sold Fender Road Worn Series 60's Jazz Bass guitar first run.