Why become a member? ×

LeCompte ST-4 -- IT'S HERE 13/9

misrule

[quote name='misrule' post='1970' date='May 19 2007, 01:03 AM']Another thought -- it would be interesting to compare this bass with Mike's Shuker (see Build Diary nearby) when they both arrive. They're both transparent blue with matching headstock, flame maple top, birdseye board and Nordstrands.

Maybe we can stage some sort of Anglo American heavyweight custom title bout. :huh: And in the blue corner ... and in the other blue corner ...

I'll get my people to have a word with Mike's people. :)

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

And in the black corner we can have my GB's.

• 2 weeks later...

Dam thats nice

ive seen a load of bud's work over in the luthiers corner section of talkbass.com and it's never failed to impress/inspire me

in fact someone was selling a 5'er of this model of there forsale section about a week or so back for the bargin price of $1500 thats less than £800 atm total bargin if you ask me

i look forward to progress pic's

All the best
Gizmo

Edited by Gizmo

[quote name='jwbassman' post='21494' date='Jun 21 2007, 05:56 PM']looking awesome - you must be chuffed :)[/quote]

Oh, yes. I was p*ssed off yesterday after battling with PayPal to send Bud the balance of his cash. These pics put me back in a cheerful mood.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='21530' date='Jun 21 2007, 07:14 PM']Looking good. Shame I cant make the bash - will it be ready by then?[/quote]

I hope so. I've not really asked Bud for a definite date, since he's very busy and I'm in no hurry, but I'd be surprised if I don't have it by then.

Sorry you won't be there but I'm thinking of holding a mini meet-the-new-toy session in a village hall at some stage, because a couple of people have asked to try it. I'll post details on here if it goes ahead. That would be Ellen's Green, Surrey.

Cheers

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

A dull (and overcast) update -- Bud is facing a delay on this bass because of heavy rain in Texas. He can't spray clearcoat in humid conditions so we're both twiddling our thumbs in the waiting room.

But the parts and hardware are ready to roll and another firm nearby is building me a flight case.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='35189' date='Jul 21 2007, 12:45 PM']Just had another look. I love that colour![/quote]
It's hard to know what it really looks like, what with the flash 'n all. But I'm prepared to put up with whatever comes. :)

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Mike' post='36218' date='Jul 24 2007, 06:50 AM']That looks SO good! Wish mine was sprayed!

I hope it turns out half as nicely as yours! That headstock....wow![/quote]
Your time will come, be patient -- you're catching up fast. I haven't seen any change to mine in a month :)

Bloody global warming and its disrupted weather patterns. We must stop cutting down trees to make .... Oh.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by misrule