Why become a member? ×

Shuker P bass

Quatschmacher

1 hour ago, simisker said:

Did he not suggest a set of Oz's custom pickups [like the ones he uses in the JJB sig]? I would have thought Oz would wind them to your spec/requirements.

(And if you've been to the workshop, you'll know that supply/delivery wouldn't be a problem :D  )

Yes, he did mention them, along with a few other choices. I’ve not heard them so went with something I had heard. 

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to seeeing how your bass turns out.  I'm hoping to take delivery of my JJB Signature Lite (AKA the  NucleDevice) later this month, and will obviously post in the thread I started a month or two (maybe three or four!) ago.  

It'll all be grand!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’m still having last-minute doubts as to whether I should get it made Olympic White with a tortoiseshell guard instead of blue/mint. 

Oh no! I am a huge fan of Olympic White and White Blonde finishes on Js and Ps but I do have a Sonic Blue J too!

With that lovely grain on the body, I would be so tempted to think of White Blonde.......

A tricky decision to make but whatever you decide, it will be a stunner!

1 hour ago, MungoBass said:

Oh no! I am a huge fan of Olympic White and White Blonde finishes on Js and Ps but I do have a Sonic Blue J too!

With that lovely grain on the body, I would be so tempted to think of White Blonde.......

A tricky decision to make but whatever you decide, it will be a stunner!

It’ll be solid as opposed to transparent, but dithering between these sorts of things:

604965F7-BE25-461D-9462-870DD85F7C93.jpeg.14090f3c7af40900156b51f32813db55.jpegABA2199C-4809-4D28-ACAD-1011B13EDF57.thumb.jpeg.ed15425a6991580d63134699999d0926.jpeg

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’ve emailed to change to white/tort. Let’s see if he reads it in time. He must hate me by now. 

On his web site he says “Emails are usually answered on a tuesday or thursday evening, depending how late I get back from work!”. So, if he’s spraying it on Monday or Tuesday it may be too late by the time he sees it! Might be better to call him?

3 hours ago, Velarian said:

On his web site he says “Emails are usually answered on a tuesday or thursday evening, depending how late I get back from work!”. So, if he’s spraying it on Monday or Tuesday it may be too late by the time he sees it! Might be better to call him?

It’s in the lap of the gods then.