Why become a member? ×

Sold
£900
Manchester

AndyTravis

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

It’s just wearing a bit thin now - to be honest, if the gear in/out posts are anything to go by I’m actually not that bad…or no more prolific a buyer/seller than others on the page.

thing is, there are people using this site only to sell stuff - they literally contribute sweet FA other than selling stuff they’ve sniped on eBay or bought off some granny on Facebook.

I’m not naming and shaming or getting into that political nonsense - I’ve seen plenty of it in 12 years on the site and known good folk get rattled about over it and blatant folk seem to get away with it.

I’m a bloke who earns money, but also has 4 kids - I can play, I do play, but I can’t spunk a grand on a bass and see if it works out - it has to work pretty much straight away; it has to serve a purpose.

Give it another 10 years and I might have more disposable income.

interestingly - in 25 years of playing, I’m only on my 5th or 6th amp set up - but I know people have 10 amps, multiple rigs in a room.

this isn’t aimed at you at all - it is in response though to the “jokes” and “more serious japes”.

I’m not a precious character, but to be fair - if every other post is a pisstake…I don’t really get what I’ve done?

Again - not aimed at you.

wholeheartedly, without banter - Happy Christmas @Bridgehouse

It’s the downside of being a prolific poster mate. I’ve been through phases turning round stuff like you do, and I have to agree - if it’s not working then it’s not working and it’s a lot of money to have sitting around doing sweet FA. 

I’d say ignore it mate, but if it’s getting to you then you probably can’t.

You get your hands on some tasty basses mate - for some, it’s probably jealousy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can I just say I buy and sell as many guitars as Andy and I’ve never really made a profit on them, but I have played and owned some lovely basses and met some lovely people. I’ve finally managed to offload them all and keep a core few that I genuinely love. As hobbies go, it’s not a bad one to have, is it?

• Like 3