Why become a member? ×

Slightly dodgy looking Line 6

rogo

Hi, as the title suggests there’s a slightly ragged looking (but alright sounding) Line 6 amp in my local guitar shop. It’s a whopping 150 watt combo for a real steal at 100 quid, and it’s certainly quite the upgrade over my vox pathfinder 10 watt I have at the moment. Is it worth it? Does anyone have any experience with these amps? 

7DFC9596-17DC-4192-97D3-FA9C25F0BF02

cheers

Go for the £50 one, this sort of thing does go for around £100 sort of price, I recently sold my Hartke Kickback for £100 in pristine condition but £50 you can sell it on again for no loss every day of the week once you've had it a couple of years. It's going to be so much better than what you have you won't want to put your bass down once you plug in.

that's a really generous offer.

• Like 1

I used one in a music shop when they first came about. The main gimmick being the onboard effects. Unfortunately those effects were almost completely unusable. The speaker and general sound wasn't impressive either. But for just having something to make a bass louder you could do worse at that price.

I haven't played that particular amp, but I have had the studio 110 for probably near 18 years and as a practice amp I love it.

It's a shame there's not more love of these amps, the RnB and Clean sounds are good, and the onboard optical compressor is also pretty good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2021 at 18:43, Crawford13 said:

I haven't played that particular amp, but I have had the studio 110 for probably near 18 years and as a practice amp I love it.

It's a shame there's not more love of these amps, the RnB and Clean sounds are good, and the onboard optical compressor is also pretty good.

I had the 110 for a while, great little practice/demo amp, plenty of grunt and, if used well, the models weren't bad either. Very useful DI output too.

Use the 400w 2x10 combo too. Just wasn't loud enough.