Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

***SOLD***SADOWSKY NYC VINTAGE 5-STRING FOR SALE ***SOLD***

lowregisterhead

Beautiful, rare, big-bottomed bass, made mid-90's, in storage for last 8 years, bought from original owner last year (serial 24xx), no fret wear, excellent condition apart from 2 small chips and a scratch - see pics. Complete with lightweight case, original warranty docs and 2 scratchplates (mint green and tortoiseshell) in case you fancy a change of look... Incredibly light at a mere 8.5 lbs. Controls are volume, pan, treble boost, bass boost, with preamp in/out on a push/pull on the bass pot. Impending house move forces sale. Bummer. £1850, no offers please, buyer collects from Woking, Surrey or pays fully insured carriage.

Edited by lowregisterhead

[quote name='lowregisterhead' post='450977' date='Mar 31 2009, 11:21 PM']Beautiful, rare, big-bottomed bass, made mid-90's, in storage for last 8 years, bought from original owner last year (serial 24xx), no fret wear, excellent condition apart from 2 small chips and a scratch - see pics. Complete with lightweight case, original warranty docs and 2 scratchplates (mint green and tortoiseshell). Impending house move forces sale. Bummer. £1850, no offers please, buyer collects from Woking, Surrey or pays fully insured carriage.[/quote]

nice to see you on basschat mate!

Good luck with the sale!

:)

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='451198' date='Apr 1 2009, 09:22 AM']I think we all saw this on Ebay, lusted then took a reality check and realised we couldnt afford it. Things are tight round here on Basschat also....[/quote]

How about everyone clubs together and does a sort of timeshare bass purchase? Could work! :)

I bid too, could only go to £1350 and was secretly praying that would meet the reserve ( i was deluding myself)

Anyway lovely looking bass, and good luck with the sale.

[quote name='NJE' post='452510' date='Apr 2 2009, 03:48 PM']I bid too, could only go to £1350 and was secretly praying that would meet the reserve ( i was deluding myself)

Anyway lovely looking bass, and good luck with the sale.[/quote]

I think I was the one that bid it up to about £1,200 or so as well :)

I rather looked the look of that Telebass as well - did it sell on EBay?

[quote name='molan' post='452693' date='Apr 2 2009, 07:51 PM']I think I was the one that bid it up to about £1,200 or so as well :)

I rather looked the look of that Telebass as well - did it sell on EBay?[/quote]

The Tele/Precision beastie didn't sell, but I was secretly rather relieved... sorry, I'm keeping it now!

[quote name='lowregisterhead' post='453540' date='Apr 3 2009, 05:22 PM']The Tele/Precision beastie didn't sell, but I was secretly rather relieved... sorry, I'm keeping it now![/quote]

Good for you - it looked great :)

[quote name='anthomp' post='453592' date='Apr 3 2009, 06:44 PM']Just a note to all
i bought a Sadowsky bass from lowregisterhead
and he really is a great guy to deal with
and made sure the bass would survive a plane wreck

and the bass ....... ooh baby,baby.....ooh baby,baby

anthomp[/quote]

Thanks for your kind words Antony. Enjoy!
LRH