• lurksalot
    • Leornard Smalls
    • Nail Soup
    • Dad3353
    • Doctor J
    • Nicko
    • upside downer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/08/21 at 23:01

Ladies and gents its time to have a listen to these lovely tunes to decide on your favourite 3

Dont be shy , ask questions if you want to, but have a listen and place your 'x' in the appropriate boxes

the picture was chosen by me and is in fact the toilet door of a pub/restaurant in the border town of Knighton 

404871200_AugustMod.thumb.jpg.1f71d2c688bf79f73d8ff3107211fb89.jpg

The entries are as follows 

1 Lurksalot 

had a great idea about the door and what it could represent which is the initial point of the opening lyric , but as I based the rest of the tune around that I got a bit stuck , the main lyric will give you the gist of that!

2    @Leonard Smalls 

My "piece" (I hesitate to call it a song!!!) is an impression of who is in the mirror, and what happens when he's summoned.

3 @Nail Soup

At first I thought the door was in a mirrored wall... so I based the lyrics around seeing a mirror Vs door as a metaphor similar to glass half empty or full. Also went for a more reflective feel in the music.

@Dad3353

There is a school of Science claiming the existence of an infinite number of Universes, in which, not only are all things possible, but all things must exist, somewhere or other. This is an illustration of this, whereby, in this Universe, The Monolith is, in fact, The Doordis, an invention of the wise Doctor Hugh, travelling through multi-dimensions in this strange craft. One might be fooled by its apparently slim profile, but, once ajar, one may see the inside, which resembles very much Windsor Great Park (yes, along with deer...). The apparition of this 'vehicle' in this humble bar is likely to provoke a reaction from the autochtones; they will throw bones in the air and emit whooping noises (just like every football night, really...).

@Doctor J

I saw this as a doorway to the darker side of restaurant eating, where items not fit for any printed menu wait within for the more adventurous gastronaut. You takes your unlabelled grey meat and go where it takes you, with more than just the taste of regret in your mouth.

@Nicko

This song is about those people that you meet that show you a false front - and you never know what is behind the facade. I wanted to get a grungy feel - not sure if I quite got there.

@upside downer

All this talk of mirrors and toilet doors is a mile away from where my befuddled brain has led me. My take on the picture is that the door is a portal to a fantasy dining experience with a famous face from the afterlife. I join @Nicko in eschewing all that autotune malarkey so you'll just have to deal with my somewhat odd attempt at an Ian Dury style vocal which veers into Danny Dyer territory at some points.

There we have it , great fun in these, quality inspiration from a toilet door!

the voting will close midnight on  31st August  good luck all :sun_bespectacled:

• Thanks 3