Why become a member? ×

Embassy

stewblack

4 hours ago, uncle psychosis said:

Yesterday i put one of @KiOgons excellent wiring looms in my embassy.

Massive improvement to the tone circuit which actually feels like it works now. 

The more I play it the more I think I'm going to have to put flats on it, which is frustrating given the price of the damn things. 

What did you change in the control loom?

VVT : VBT ?

1 hour ago, kodiakblair said:

Don't worry, once he works out which pickup company pays the most referral money, he'll do a follow up video.

I think he pays for some stuff and gets freebies for other mods, pretty much how online reviewers work. I like that he does detailed pickup comparisons after reviewing a bass and will go back to them and tinker, the EHB videos were really helpful in terms of showing what the preamp mods do and also comparing Aguilars to Nords/Barts.

Seems to be a bit of vitriol directed at him on here, not sure why, his videos are streets ahead of the Andertons goons.

Edited by lemmywinks

3 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

his videos are streets ahead of the Andertons goons.

Hardly a high bar to beat 🤣

I'll be honest on the rare occasion I watch a bass review , I'm only interested in the physical points. A video edited in the hope of some , probably small, financial gain by someone using a different set up/rig/choice of string and playing style tells me nothing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

I think he pays for some stuff and gets freebies for other mods, pretty much how online reviewers work. I like that he does detailed pickup comparisons after reviewing a bass and will go back to them and tinker, the EHB videos were really helpful in terms of showing what the preamp mods do and also comparing Aguilars to Nords/Barts.

Seems to be a bit of vitriol directed at him on here, not sure why, his videos are streets ahead of the Andertons goons.

I don't get it either.  There are WAY more annoying people out there on YouTube worthy of the vitriol.  It's not as if he's a *shudder* influencer.  Worst self-awarded job title ever.

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, neepheid said:

I don't get it either.  There are WAY more annoying people out there on YouTube worthy of the vitriol.  It's not as if he's a *shudder* influencer.  Worst self-awarded job title ever.

I do sometimes wonder what people think the purpose of online content creation is, in the case of guys like Lobster it's informative entertainment where you can watch a general topic you're interested in but there's also a lot of helpful information in there if you're considering a purchase. There's also the vicarious NBD factor which some people enjoy.

• Like 1