Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro Ripper

briansbrew

I bought this 1978 Aria Pro Ripper copy off @ash a few weeks or so ago which needed a bit of work done to it as Ash wanted to invest in another project. I got the scratch-late from a German seller on  Ebay otherwise it would be a 6 week wait on one from WD. I spoke to Martin Herrick of herrickpickups.com who supplied the pickups.

Martin is a great guy to deal with and very helpful in getting the poles spacing on this one right, as you can see he did the neck at an angle to compensate for the string spacing and a big double one at the bridge. I could not order  the proper ripper pickups from America for some reason or another but Im very please with the outcome, a wiring loom from Kiogan and a Babicz bridge to complement as the original one was pretty crap anyway. All in all a nice little project that has turned out well, I have seen one of these before now so they probably don't show up that often..

So here she is Guys

IMG_20210617_171750_edit_141238704602927.thumb.jpg.a5677aa91900e97ad73dd10dae1a79ae.jpgIMG_20210617_171822.thumb.jpg.177464306cc9ea225365ce8855636e4a.jpgIMG_20210617_171841.thumb.jpg.047cb0613f008bb2bab5dad53e35b113.jpg

Edited by briansbrew
Grammer errors
  • Like 8

14 hours ago, briansbrew said:

Anyway I got the scratch-late off Ebay from a German seller as it was an 6 week wait on one. I also got a guy called Martin Herrick of herrickpickups.com

Martin was for sale on eBay?? Bargain!!

Martin built the (invisible) custom pick ups on my Psilos bass - tones absolutely suit the build and for custom pups were very well priced. Would recommend them/him to anybody.

4 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Great to see a neglected classic brought back to life! Looks awesome.

Looks like you could knock up a little surround for the neck pickup, to cover the exposed wiring.

Thanks Jon, Yes a cover over the neck pickup would be the thing to do

4 hours ago, Muzz said:

Might look nice with some chrome pickup covers - I got mine (and the surrounds) for my Shukerbird from crazyparts.de, not sure about sizes, tho; you'd have to have a delve and a measure...338716703_2basses.jpg.c42c67286e7e144a5fd729eb27a9650f.jpg

Thanks for the info @Muzz must check them out