Why become a member? ×

NBD (New Body Day)

Old Horse Murphy

Not for me sadly, but one for my Fretless Jazz.

I really can't get on with Jazz Bass bodies as they always sit awkwardly on me and I look like I'm Clay Pigeon Shooting. I really don't like the sound of Fretless P Basses though, so decided to order a P Bass body with Jazz Bass pickups from Guitar and Bass Builds. 

It's a 2 piece swamp as body, so is very light and I decided I'd go for the lacquered body rather than make an awful hash of it myself. It's only been dry fitted at the moment as I need to order a new EMG loom to fit in it (the Jazz one won't fit sadly) but it's gone together very easily and the build quality is excellent and it didn't require any significant fettling. 

I need to cut some proper slots in the Badass Bridge as it's the unslotted version and the G string is just slightly out of line for me but other than that, I'm delighted. 

635A231E-BACE-48CD-9978-44894B4DC3BF.jpeg

A8040685-3B42-42E2-9306-F184BEF39BF9.jpeg

1DA49670-5369-46A5-8C11-824627680BB1.jpeg

B9785629-8A0C-41C9-9C82-0323A7EA5EE5.jpeg

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Like 8

And finally finished.

I had a hairy moment after installing the EMG wiring harness where the bridge pickup was dead but after a bit of trial and error I realised I'd forgotten to connect the wires at the back of the pickup itself. 

I also managed to completely strip the four pickup screws on the bridge pickup  by using the wrong sized screwdriver but being too eager (lazy) to retrieve the right one, so I need to order some more replacements.

Other than that and for once, one of my builds has turned out better than I anticipated and pretty-much problem free. 

1F112238-45D9-4719-9F87-3280D1CB8F91.jpeg

7B82C934-4BCD-4124-A3F6-3AEDAC23A659.jpeg

• Like 5