Why become a member? ×

Flite custom 4x10 cabinet (stereo 2x10 cab)

funkle

Hi all,

I'm reposting this for sale. I had previously sold it, but not long before I set off for the US for a couple of months the sale fell through, and I didn't have time to re-post it. So it's back up!

I am downsizing my rig, and now looking to sell on my custom Flite cabinet.

In a nutshell, it’s a light (50 lb) stereo 4x10. It was built by Kurt Meyer at Flite for a US customer who wanted two 2x10s put into a single 4x10 sized cabinet and still have it be superlight. I bought it off him when he downsized his rig, about 5 years ago.

(Flite has changed hands in the meantime, is now owned by a chap called Gerry Suprenant. The website is now at [url="http://www.flitecabs.com.)"]http://www.flitecabs.com.)[/url]

The cabinet has been handled carefully, and the carpeting is in good condition.

The specs are as follows:

- each side is a 3-way 2x10 cab; they are built together to make it a 4x10 (a la old Ampeg SVT cabs).
- Rated at 300 watts RMS @ 4 ohms/side - 600 watts total
- Each side has two 10” woofers, a 5" mid, and a tweeter
- Speakers are Eminence, but I have never found out the exact model.
- Each side has attenuators for the mids and highs
- Each side has two Speakon connectors and a 1/4" input connector
- The previous owner said the efficiency rating was 99db @ 1watt/meter. It certainly has been plenty loud enough for anything I’ve thrown at it (mind you, I have a Peavey DPC 1400X to power it…)
- comes with a custom non-padded cover
- 26” high x 28” wide x 14.75” deep
- Weight 50 lbs

This has been a great cab for me – light, loud, punchy, and even. However, I’m just not doing the big gigs that need this size of cab at the moment.

I had sold it for £425 + shipping, but I need a quicker sale and I'm willing to accept [s][b]£250 plus shipping[/b][/s] [color="#0000FF"][b] [s]£225 plus shipping[/s][/b][/color][color="#FF0000"][b] £200 plus shipping[/b][/color] for a quick sale. Pickup is fine if preferred, and you are welcome to try it out if you are in Edinburgh.

Pics can still be found at the old thread - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29528"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29528[/url].

Pete

Edited by funkle

[quote name='fede162162' post='447484' date='Mar 27 2009, 04:40 PM']sooner I bought a 2x10 cab(at the same price) you come with this amazing cab. too late mate,what a pity, i like "strange thinks" =D

if the cab wheighs only 50lbs the speakers are probably eminence deltalite![/quote]

Hah! Ah well, such is life. One way or another, it'll sort itself out.

PM's responded to.

Pete

I've had a few questions about shipping in the UK, so I thought I'd put a public response.

I've only managed to find out about calculations down to London, but the costs of shipping depend on the service. For an inexpensive service which is still trackable and insured, it looks like it would be about £30. For a Next Day service, more like £60.

I have responded to various people about shipping and become better informed on this, so please take this post as the best informed guess I have to shipping costs, at least until those who are interested give me specific addresses and duration of shipping they would like quotes for.

Pete

[quote name='ped' post='454517' date='Apr 5 2009, 09:49 AM']What a superb price. I would love to try this cab, it looks great and would suit my needs down to the ground!

Good luck
ped[/quote]

Thanks mate! Shame you're in Oxford...

Edited by funkle

I too would love this - a superb one cab stereo solution...I just don't have anywhere to put it. I'm amazed this is still around - these cabs have an excellent pedigree and some big name users.

Good luck with it...if I can create some space...

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='454604' date='Apr 5 2009, 12:31 PM']Can you "daisy-chain" the two sides together if you only have a mono amp?[/quote]

If it doesn't have the capability for parallel linking I'd assume your amp would have 2 outs... either way you'd need an amp capable of 2 ohm operating.

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='454604' date='Apr 5 2009, 12:31 PM']Can you "daisy-chain" the two sides together if you only have a mono amp?[/quote]

Yes; the two sides will then be hooked up in parallel (most bass cabs daisy-chain in parallel, as I understand it, and I've always assumed the Flite cab to be the same) - the same as if they were two separate cabs being daisy-chained. Hence they would present a load of 2 ohms to your amp. As long as your amp can deal with this, it would be fine.

It's never been an issue for me as I have a Peavey DPC1400X power supply, which has two channels of 700W each, and is stable bridged or mono into loads as low as 2 ohms. So I've always had multiple different ways to be able to set it up!

Pete