lawriemacmillan

Bass Centre Guy Pratt 'Betsy' Jazz Bass Burgundy Mist metallic NEW PICS!
£525
Burntisland

Posted (edited)

Bass Centre 4 string bass Inspired by Guy Pratt's '64 Jazz Bass he calls 'Betsy'. Metallic burgundy mist finish with matching headstock. Macassar ebony fingerboard. EMG pickups. Weight is 4kg. Recently purchased and still in new condition, and unfortunately for me the motivation of this sale is due to an unexpected car repair. Includes gig bag. Delivery also included in Central Scotland but message me for postage cost to other locations in the UK. This is an opportunity to own one of these in new condition, but at a saving from the £595 new price. 

Here's a great review of the bass by the talented gent Mike Brooks :

https://youtu.be/DzrdkBnMqRk

IMG_20210425_153543.jpg

IMG_20210425_154018.jpg

IMG_20210425_153634.jpg

IMG_20210425_153716.jpg

IMG_20210425_153657.jpg

IMG_20210320_122438_edit_297501379558250.jpg

IMG_20210320_122401.jpg

IMG_20210320_123529.jpg

Edited by lawriemacmillan
Added images
  • Like 16

That headstock has a decidedly Lakland look to it. Are these made in the same factory? Be a cracking bass if it’s of that same Skyline quality!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, krispn said:

That headstock has a decidedly Lakland look to it. Are these made in the same factory? Be a cracking bass if it’s of that same Skyline quality!

No - these are made in Korea by a company I forget the name of, Lakland is Cort I think

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, flippyfloop said:

Very nice. 

Do you know the weight?

Sure, it's 4kg. I'll add that to the main description. Thanks for the prompt! 

On 25/03/2021 at 14:22, krispn said:

100%. There's a fine line between Lakland and Sadowsky 4 string headstocks too 

Peerless in South Korea I think, make wonderful basses and have done for Epiphone, et al for years

• Like 1

On 25/03/2021 at 16:53, krispn said:

Yeah Lakland and Cort are the factory. Ignore me my bad 😀

They used to be Cort, it's been ESP for a few years.

• Thanks 1

On 10/04/2021 at 07:18, JazzLobster said:

They used to be Cort, it's been ESP for a few years.

On the regular Bass Collection models it lists World Musical Instrument Co. Ltd, Korea as the builder 

On 13/04/2021 at 10:56, LukeFRC said:

On the regular Bass Collection models it lists World Musical Instrument Co. Ltd, Korea as the builder 

Also good info! I was responding to the comment about Lakland skylines being made by Cort.

• Like 1

How much does it matter where they're built if - as everyone including Guy ((I accept he might have a conflict of interest!) says - they're awesome to play?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petecarlton said:

How much does it matter where they're built if - as everyone including Guy ((I accept he might have a conflict of interest!) says - they're awesome to play?

100% agree with you Pete. I interpreted the other guys' comments as being positive, given the quality craftsmanship which comes from these overseas factories keeping costs lower on lovely instruments. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.