Why become a member? ×

73 Jetglow Ric Chequered Binding etc

Pookus

I bought my Ric for £275 in 1984. I will NEVER sell it but need some idea of how much I should insure it for as I have no idea. Its pretty much 100% original apart from the Seymour Duncan bridge p/up - though I still have the original. Thanks.

Bad news I'm afraid, with the Seymour Duncan the devaluing is immense. I'll give you £20 for the bass and take the original pup off your hands for a fiver. Can't be fairer than that.

In seriousness.

I'd say over 2K, definately, and pics would be nice.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='440781' date='Mar 21 2009, 12:15 AM']Bad news I'm afraid, with the Seymour Duncan the devaluing is immense. I'll give you £20 for the bass and take the original pup off your hands for a fiver. Can't be fairer than that.

In seriousness.

I'd say over 2K, definately, and pics would be nice.[/quote]
:)

Wow - that much! And yes, pics would be nice...

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='440781' date='Mar 21 2009, 12:15 AM']Bad news I'm afraid, with the Seymour Duncan the devaluing is immense. I'll give you £20 for the bass and take the original pup off your hands for a fiver. Can't be fairer than that.

In seriousness.

I'd say over 2K, definately, and pics would be nice.[/quote]

Great! £25 all in should keep the insurance costs down.

(I'll post up some pics sooooon..)

Edited by Pookus

£2000 is right for insurance purposes, and I know you have no intention of selling, but don't forget that you could replace it if you had to for nearer £1500. See the thread on Vintage & Rare Guitars (the shop).

Unless you have an 'Agreed Value' clause in your insurance policy, then loss or destruction of your baby would not produce a cheque for £2000, but for the actual replacement cost.

OK, so I'm really kicking myself now...

I missed out on one in around '88 from a shop near us, they were asking £350 for it, but it had major buckle rash on the back (ie, most of the back!). Only took me over 20 years before I finally took the plunge and got a newer 4003, and ever since wondering why it took me so flaming long! :rolleyes: :)