Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**1990 Status SII cocobolo & cherry**SOLD**

OutToPlayJazz

For if anyone's interested in one of the most beautiful all original Status basses around, this one is potentially up for sale as I'm not playing it & it's therefore not earning it's keep!

Serial #538 [in cocobolo/cherry was completed in November 1990 and was owned from then until early 2008 by TerryK in the Liverpool area. The bass is totally original, with the original Status TB42 2-band preamp reinstalled by Rob Green, the original alloy edged (red wooden panelled) flightcase & gig bag. There's even the original dated warranty card.

I got this bass early last year with a John East U-Retro preamp installed. Last autumn I had Rob Green at Status retrofit the original preamp back into the bass & while at Status it received a full service, including fret dressing. The instrument is currently set up on 30-90 guage Status Hotwire strings and plays like a dream.

I'm not desperate to sell this, but am trying to keep to the rule that basses are there to be played and to earn me money, so the price is set at a realistic [b]£1200[/b] due to all the work I've had done to the bass. I'm not really thinking of any trades, but by all means feel free to make offers. The worst I can say is, "NO!" :)

So onto the pics... Here with the John East U-Retro preamp when I bought it...

Now with the original Status preamp reinstalled...

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

............. I am in Love...

I have some cash saved to upgrade my rig............. I am now thinking that I can stick with the MB combo.... GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Am now in turmoil.. thank you. :wacko: