Why become a member? ×

I've turned off members "signatures"...

TheGreek

3 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I like limits to signatures too.

Some of them on here are huge and easily take up more room than a post. 

If it was my place I'd go further and ban images in signatures completely. They are just not necessary in a signature.

It would be impossible to stop people using images in signatures unless you also disabled being able to use BBCode and that would preclude the ability to have links in signatures which is actually useful.

1 minute ago, BigRedX said:

It would be impossible to stop people using images in signatures unless you also disabled being able to use BBCode and that would preclude the ability to have links in signatures which is actually useful.

☝️I volunteer to manually delete them one by one.

• 1 month later...

On a side note,  i'd like my sales links to use the waste of white space to the right,  but i cannot get them to line up.  I reckon i could get 2 or 3 links on one line , but the formatting wont have it.  Just tries to make  3 links into one big one :)

So they're one beneath the other. 

1 minute ago, fleabag said:

On a side note,  i'd like my sales links to use the waste of white space to the right,  but i cannot get them to line up.  I reckon i could get 2 or 3 links on one line , but the formatting wont have it.  Just tries to make  3 links into one big one :)

So they're one beneath the other. 

Put them al on the same line, make each one a different colour and centralise them. Sorted.

3 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I tried that but not using different colours.   Its that underline thing.  Whenever i try, that underline just extends.  Does using different colours make the difference ?

No, colours would just make it obvious there were several things for sale.

4 hours ago, fleabag said:

I get that  H but any links on the same line just become one big one, instead of seperate ones, which kinda defeats things

I've just added one to my signature and it seems to work OK. Not sure if you can see it, but they are side by side with no line between them.

4 hours ago, fleabag said:

Thats worked - how did you do it H ?

I just put the cursor next to my feedback, hit the space bar and then typed “Current Jazz Build”, then applied the link.

I think the issue you’re having is that you are trying to deal with text that already has hyperlinks, so it thinks it’s all the same thing, hence the line. Bit of a pain in the wotsits, but if you start from scratch and add the hyperlinks at the end it should work.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Still didnt work.  I put the first link in, then placed the cursor for the next link and the space bar just keeps extending the previous line, as you can see.  I cannot get a gap between the line at all.  Frustrating :)

Mmm. Are you trying to make the changes on a phone/tablet or desktop?

I've found that because there is no longer the facility to actually show the code you are producing when using the post text entry field, things can get very complicated if you are trying to correct a mistake or edit something that already has code attributes attached to it. Often I have found it is simpler to delete everything and start again from scratch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

I've found that because there is no longer the facility to actually show the code you are producing when using the post text entry field, things can get very complicated if you are trying to correct a mistake or edit something that already has code attributes attached to it. Often I have found it is simpler to delete everything and start again from scratch.

Yep, I'd go with that 👍

14 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Thats exactly what i did BRX.    I cleared all the links, then went to my Bass Auto Q thread, copied the URL,  then pasted it in my Sig.  Then the trouble starts when entering the next  URL.   The curser will only go next to the last URL.  I cannot put a space in.  The line just extends

H- thats what i tried.  See above answer to BRX

Edited by fleabag