BTGAndy

ACG Salace E 6-String Headless Bass *price drop to £1600*
£1900
Hitching, Hertfordshire

Posted (edited)

It's with a heavy heart I'm selling my beautiful, custom ACG 6-String bass. Specific details of this instrument can be found on the ACG website (https://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0270salceetype6/)

I've owned this bass since new, having seen Alan's amazing work whilst attending the Moffat bass bash and knew I had to have one of his instruments. Unfortunately it's not getting played as much as it deserves so I feel it needs to find a new home.

Body:
Top Wood: Figured Maple with Faded Black Finish.
Body Wood: Swamp Ash with Dirty Finish.
Body Finish: Satin Lacquer

Neck:
Neck Wood: 5 piece Wenge/Bubinga
Finger Board: Acrylic Impregnated Spalted Maple
Scale: 34″
Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer

Hardware:
Pickups: ACG FB Humbuckers
Hardware: ETS Tuning/Bridge unit ACG Custom Headpiece  Schaller Straplocks,
Pre-amp: ACG/East P-Retro with 4-way rotary pickup selector.

Price drop from £1900 to £1600. New, this bass would cost £2795. It's in fantastic condition and comes with a heavily padded Fusion gig bag. Collection from Hitchin, Hertfordshire or delivery/meet a reasonable distance from North Herts.

IMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_0641.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

IMG_0644.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0646.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

IMG_0648.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_0650.jpeg

IMG_0652.jpeg

IMG_0653.jpeg

IMG_0654.jpeg

IMG_0655.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0657.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0660.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

IMG_0665.jpeg

IMG_0667.jpeg

Edited by BTGAndy
Added photos
  • Like 5

That's a hell of a bass and real steal at that price!

Good luck with the sale, I can't imagine this will hang around.

Eude

Beautiful bass!

What's the weight and the string spacing at the bridge?

Hi Sardar, thank you!

The bass is 4.3kg and the string spacing at the bridge is 16mm

Price drop to £1750, can anyone tell me how to edit the price in the main title?

Sorely tempted to sell a bass to buy this... may very well do that tomorrow! 

• Like 1

I'm going to be moving house in a month's time so I really need to move this bass, *price drop to £1600*.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Baloney Balderdash
      Just out of curiosity really, how do you prefer your string action to be, and what is the action and relief on your main bass (if you got one, otherwise about average of your most played basses)?

My main is a lowly, but very much beloved,  Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Bass, with a just 28,6" scale length.
      I have swapped out the cheap stock pickups with some of higher quality, but otherwise I was lucky to get an as good as perfect bass from stock, well beside from the absolutely horrifying bad setup it came with, as well as the stock strings were pretty crappy as well.

Measured from the top of the 12th fret to the bottom of the low E string the action is just about 1.9mm (5/64" =/~ 0.075"), and just about 1.4mm (1/16" =/~ 0.055") on the high G string side, with as good as no relief in the neck, something that perhaps translates to something like an about 0.2mm (1/64" =/~ 0.0079") gap or so between the top of the 8th fret and the bottom of the low E string when it is fretted at first and last fret simultaneously.

No fret buzz whatsoever on any of the strings no matter where on the fretboard they are fretted when played acoustically with a light touch, though certain strings fretted at certain frets does result in a slight buzz when digging in a bit harder, but again only when played acoustically, when the bass is actually amplified there is absolutely no hints of fret buzz anywhere to be found, though still adjusted sufficiently low for allowing me to force out some clanky attack if desired. 
      But I do kind of have an idea about this kind of setup being about as low as you can go before it starts to affect the tone negatively, to some extend choking the string vibrations, no matter how perfectly leveled the frets might be.
      Though Regardless if this idea is actually true or not I prefer to be able to feel at least a slight amount to resistance when fretting the strings, for me to be able to feel that I am actually playing, as well as giving me a slightly more focused awareness of the fretboard and my playing.

Preferably, for the sake of easy comparison, measure the string action at the 12th fret and the relief at 8th fret, like I did.

• By Typhus
      Up for sale or trade is my Fodera Emperor DLX 5-string! 
      In really good shape and been played alot! It had Seymour Duncan jazz-style pickups in it but those have been changed to Aguilar DCB to give this bass more "modern" sound. The whole bass came alive after this operation. 
      Ask if you have some questions!
      Price is 6400euros 6000euros including shippin inside EU.  
      Partial trades to 5-strings from:
      Fodera (Different wood/pickups combo, NO standard models thanks!)
      MTD USA
      Alleva Coppolo
      F-bass

- 3-piece maple neck
      - "35 scale
      - brass nut
      - 24-frets
      - Ebony fretboard  (Macassar if I remember right)
      - Dovetail neck-joint
      - 2-piece mahogany body
      - Figured walnut top and headstock
      - Abadlone butterfly without black outlines
      - birth year 2010
      - Aguilar DCB pickups
      - Mike Pope custom preamp
      - Golden hardware
      - original case and tools

Heres a small sample of the bass played straight to soundcard:

• By Abominathan
      I absolutely looooove this pedal. But alas, selling. Great nick (need a clean) and sounds amazing. Good price. MXR Bass octave. Simple. Does what it says on the tin and sounds beastly. 
      £50 - perfer collection from London (Forest Hill Area), but will post as long as you pay for it.
      One picture below and more here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8RunnoMtgC8tdukY9

• By gorandelac
      Hi all, I'm selling my Alembic MK Signature Deluxe with Coco Bolo top, so here is little about the bass.
      Bass has no scratch, no belt buckle scratch, it's almost as brand new, as you can see from pics.
      Scale: 34"
      Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone
      Top: coco Bolo
      Back: Coco Bolo
      Body: Mahogany with maple and purplehearth as accent woods
      Neck: Maple with Purple Hearth stringers
      Finish: clean gloss with satin finish on the neck
      weight: 5.7 kg (with 5 9v batteries that goes into the bass, 4x for LED)
      Electronics: volume, pan, 2x filters, 2x q switches, 1x LED on/off, 1/4" mono output.
      LEDs are amber and red (check pictures)
      Bass was done in 2015, so it has 2+3 machine heads.
      Bass has original case, papers, everything. New one like this is 17.600 dollars, you can check here on Alembic site my bass is Sig Dlx Coco Bolo.
      This is I think only signature bass in EU that is available with this price. For any questions you can contact me. Here are some pic that justify the whole thing, other pics you can see on my dropbox:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huwja8inhg3pt5e/AAAZ_-yhsAWuU_Zi-cx5C75fa?dl=0

Price says 6000 pounds but it's actually 6500 euros, just conversion is different every day.

• By ProfJames
      Anyone on the forum that owns one?  Was maybe thinking of getting one as my headless bass acquisition