Why become a member? ×

My brand new signature bass - The Alvistar

margusalviste

Hey! I just got ready my very first signature bass from www.wtbasses.net. It's super-funky! Still hasn't got it from Italy though but I hope to get it within a few weeks.
Specs:

Neck - 3 piece Flame Maple Neck Through
Fingerboard - Macassar Ebony
Body Wings - Light Ash
Tuners - Gotoh
Bridge - Hipshot A style
Strap Locks - Schaller
Pickups - Custom made by Christoph Dolph (Bassculture)
Preamp - ACG filter based pre

According to Enrico Passini - one of the builders behind The Alvistar - this bass is one of the best instruments they have ever made. In fact, he said that he doesn't have words to describe how good this bass is. Well, I hope he is right! :)

So feel free to comment how do you like this new baby!

Edited by margusalviste

The lines of the scratch plate are a bit weak in relation to the pickups but apart from that, its a very distinctive looking bass. I think some sound clips would be very interesting when you finally recieve it!

[quote name='xgsjx' post='433302' date='Mar 13 2009, 11:52 AM']I think you're gonna have trouble playing it!

Your avatar shows you as a lefty, that nice shinny new bass looks like a right winger to me.

Very nice bass tho, I like the body shape.[/quote]

Thanks for your comment!
Actually I am not a lefty! This is a mirror picture, just for fun! :) Alvistar will be my third Woodandtronics and I must say that all of these basses are tremendously good! And I can say it after playing them against tens of 10K boutique basses. I hope to give you some sound samples soon.

Edited by margusalviste

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='433293' date='Mar 13 2009, 11:37 AM']The lines of the scratch plate are a bit weak in relation to the pickups but apart from that, its a very distinctive looking bass. I think some sound clips would be very interesting when you finally recieve it![/quote]

Thanks for your opinion! I agree with you. In fact the original pickguard shape was design for the MM pickup at the bridge position. It took a few days for me to get used to it. But I think it looks better strapped on. :)

[quote name='xgsjx' post='433426' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:37 PM']I had a look at the W&T website, Very nice basses indeed. Is that a W&T in your avatar?

Look forward to hearing your clips. :)[/quote]

Yes, that's another WT I have. It's the best bass I've played so far. And I had recently 15 high end basses in my collection - MTDs, Sadowskys, Nordstrands, Pedullas, Status etc. I played it also against 10-15 different Foderas in different countries and finally understood that my searchings for the ultimate bass are finished. :rolleyes:

Edited by margusalviste

[quote name='the_house123' post='435664' date='Mar 16 2009, 01:28 AM']Now THATS Funktastic! Loving the gold hardware :)[/quote]

Thanks man, it sure is a FUNK-MACHINE! I wanted to mix the modern and classical design and gold fits just perfectly with the sonic blue finish and vintage pearl pickguard. It makes it look somehow royal!

[quote name='the_house123' post='435691' date='Mar 16 2009, 02:11 AM']If you can, id love to hear some sound clips of that (especially with the low :) when you get it matey, I bet its a tone monster!![/quote]

Yes, I will do it. As soon as I get my hands on the Alvistar. It's still in Italy and I hope to get it within a few weeks. I'll let you know.

That really does look amazing. I'm really starting to favour solid colours over the exotic wood top these days. I'm also tiring of engineers/band members taking the piss out of 'coffee table' :) No accounting for taste I suppose.

Also, how does this feel compared to the body of the Kronos. Looks a little sleeker/downsized. The Kronos looked sleek enough already.

Jay.