Why become a member? ×

I've finally reached the non embarrassment point

GreeneKing

This is where I feel I can put my gear in my signature without it becoming a tad embarrassing.

Today saw me wave goodbye to 3 and say hello to one. I've actually got more basses than this but my fretless Jazz and Peavey T-40 are up for sale (and need to be sold - hint) and the Bass Collection is awaiting sale confirmation.

Having unexpectedly gained the Overwater I'm feeling very much the Northern man :)

I'm going to be putting the 1990 NT Thumb 4 up for sale soon having aquired the Overwater and I've not mentioned the 2 Rics which are very much put away to fondle occasionally and hope that they don't drop too far in value over the years.

Yes its a good feeling having less basses for some strange reason :rolleyes:

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='432968' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:31 PM']I'm feeling very much the Northern man :rolleyes:[/quote]

"Northern Man, better stay inside
Cold wind blowin'
Best run and hide
Northern air gonna
Freeze your ass
Heat your house up
Turn up the gas"

Do you mean that Northern man? :)

Garry

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='432968' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:31 PM']This is where I feel I can put my gear in my signature without it becoming a tad embarrassing.

Today saw me wave goodbye to 3 and say hello to one. I've actually got more basses than this but my fretless Jazz and Peavey T-40 are up for sale (and need to be sold - hint) and the Bass Collection is awaiting sale confirmation.

Having unexpectedly gained the Overwater I'm feeling very much the Northern man :rolleyes:

I'm going to be putting the 1990 NT Thumb 4 up for sale soon having aquired the Overwater and I've not mentioned the 2 Rics which are very much put away to fondle occasionally and hope that they don't drop too far in value over the years.

Yes its a good feeling having less basses for some strange reason :D[/quote]
Well if you don't want them Peter i'm sure the needy on here will take them off your hands,J :)

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='432968' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:31 PM']Yes its a good feeling having less basses for some strange reason :rolleyes:[/quote]

Hi Peter, you do know the policy "one out, one in" - any new acquisitions on the horrizon? :)

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='432968' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:31 PM']This is where I feel I can put my gear in my signature without it becoming a tad embarrassing.

Having unexpectedly gained the Overwater I'm feeling very much the Northern man :D

Yes its a good feeling having less basses for some strange reason ;)[/quote]

1. How does one "unexpectedly gain" an Overwater? :rolleyes:
2. Pictures? :)

Well, the overwater?

There was me aware that Ed (Edstraker123) had a rather 'delish' Overwater up for sale and me having 5 assorted very nice basses likewise.

Ed put a plan together and it was 3 out 1 in (plus some financial inducement my way).

I think only having 3 playing basses means I bond with them more if that makes any sense.

I will photo the Overwater I promise.

I've put nickels on it (DR Sunbeams) done the intonation and managed to go 2 full turns down on all the saddles still with no hint of clank or buzz.

It's really nice.

[quote name='birdy' post='433525' date='Mar 13 2009, 12:41 PM']I agree with you on this point, its almost liberating.

Steve[/quote]

Yeah, nothing quite like knowing the bass in your hands is 'the one' so you can focus totally on the music...

ped