Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz GBE 750 FS - trades possible

niceguyhomer

Superb Genz Benz GBE 750 in excellent condition. Comes with very useful footswitch in a Proel rack case. Tube / Mosfet channels can be blended, goes down to 2 ohms and is very versatile. Beautifully made piece of kit - knob twiddling is a joy and there's lots of bright blue LEDs to look at. It's a lot simpler to use than it looks - even I know my way around it.

Looking for £600. Will deliver within a reasonable distance or meet up. Prefer not to ship.

May trade for a decent reliable combo - Ampeg / GK / SWR etc or maybe a LMII with cash my way.

From Genz' website

FEATURES
• Active/Passive Input Stage
• Signal Mute Switch
• Tuner Out (also a rear panel Tuner Out)
• Independent FET and 12AX7 TUBE Channels
• Active 5 band EQ Section on each Channel with Two Shelving and Three PeakingNetworks
• Channel Select and Channel Mix Switches (Footswitchable)
• Channel O/L LED’s
• Signal Shape Circuitry
w/L.F. Extend, Mid Scoop, H.F. Attack all Adjustable (Min. – Max.) and Footswitchable
• Unique “Soft Limit” Circuit
• Comprehensive Amplifier Status LED’s
• Master Volume
• Heavy-duty Toggle On/Off Switch
• Sleek, Ergonomic Amp Handles
• Sturdy 2 Space Metal Chassis
• Solid Aluminum Knurled Knobs on Premium Detent Pots
• Variable Speed Fan Cooling (thermally controlled)
• Heavy-duty 5 Button Footswitch (included)
• Weight: 33 lbs
• Dimensions:
19”W x 15”D x 3.5”H

(click for larger image)
REAR PANEL FEATURES:
• Tuner Out (Parallel with Front Panel Tuner Out)
• Comprehensive Direct Output Section w/ Pre/Post Switch, Attenuation Sw, Ground Lift Sw
• Three Effects Loops — Independent Channel and Global Loops
• Slave Out Jack
• Dual Speakon® Output Connectors
• POWERFLEX Impedance
Selector Switch
• Dual Voltage Switch
• Heavy-duty Toroidal Transformer

Pics

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='430167' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:08 AM']Why did you sell the GBE750 Al? It seemed so right for you, especially with the neox (which I'd be interested in, if you decide to sell BTW).

Was it weight/size?[/quote]

Coupla reasons really - I joined a blues band a few weeks ago and they rehearse in a studio loft. This amp weighs 33lbs and by the time I get to the loft I'm gasping for air - when you're my age, that ain't funny and it doesn't impress the opposite sex. Second reason is - I went to see another blues band and the bassist was using an Ashdown Mag head into an Ashdown 4x10 and it sounded beautiful - perfect for blues. I want to hang on to my Spectors and I'm hoping a warmer, woolier amp will help get that fat bluesy sound I'm looking for. They sound very hi-fi through the GB rig.

I've hopefully bought a suitable amp and will have enough money over to buy a decent combo - something I've wanted for a while really. Probably makes no sense to anyone else but then, I am strange.

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='Toasted' post='430162' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:04 AM']There's some great gear really shifting on BC recently :)[/quote]

I was just thinking the same Joe, I seems that every day there's something else for sale that I'm really like to own...

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='430282' date='Mar 10 2009, 11:38 AM']Coupla reasons really - I joined a blues band a few weeks ago and they rehearse in a studio loft. This amp weighs 33lbs and by the time I get to the loft I'm gasping for air - when you're my age, that ain't funny and it doesn't impress the opposite sex. Second reason is - I went to see another blues band and the bassist was using an Ashdown Mag head into an Ashdown 4x10 and it sounded beautiful - perfect for blues. I want to hang on to my Spectors and I'm hoping a warmer, woolier amp will help get that fat bluesy sound I'm looking for. They sound very hi-fi through the GB rig.

I've hopefully bought a suitable amp and will have enough money over to buy a decent combo - something I've wanted for a while really. Probably makes no sense to anyone else but then, I am strange.[/quote]
I liked your amp, mainly for its 2 ohm option, but TBH I can't fault my embarrasingly light Shuttle. However, I REALLY covert your Neox. I'd even NOT make you come to Harrogate to deliver it!!!!

Keep with being strange my friend ...it suits you :)

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='430708' date='Mar 10 2009, 04:52 PM']I liked your amp, mainly for its 2 ohm option, but TBH I can't fault my embarrasingly light Shuttle. However, I REALLY covert your Neox. I'd even NOT make you come to Harrogate to deliver it!!!!

Keep with being strange my friend ...it suits you :)[/quote]

There's quite a queue for that cab - I think you're in 4th place.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='430282' date='Mar 10 2009, 11:38 AM']Coupla reasons really - I joined a blues band a few weeks ago and they rehearse in a studio loft. This amp weighs 33lbs and by the time I get to the loft I'm gasping for air - when you're my age, that ain't funny and it doesn't impress the opposite sex. Second reason is - I went to see another blues band and the bassist was using an Ashdown Mag head into an Ashdown 4x10 and it sounded beautiful - perfect for blues. I want to hang on to my Spectors and I'm hoping a warmer, woolier amp will help get that fat bluesy sound I'm looking for. They sound very hi-fi through the GB rig.

I've hopefully bought a suitable amp and will have enough money over to buy a decent combo - something I've wanted for a while really. Probably makes no sense to anyone else but then, I am strange.[/quote]

Is there any chance that you can leave a cab in the loft? If there is it might be worth picking up a cheap one for practice and save yourself busting a gut every week