Why become a member? ×

Do I or don't I? Lakland DJ5 SOLD, turns out I do!

P-T-P

Okay, there's been some quite GAS enducing basses lately and as much as I love this bass, it's second fiddle to my other DJ5 so is there any interest in this?

Lakland DJ5, Lake Placid Blue with factory fit pearl pickguard and pick-up cover (though I've taken the cover off since photos).

[attachment=1761:DSC_0039.jpg]

Has a great vintage tone to it, plays beautifully and looks amazing.

[attachment=1762:DSC_0038.jpg]

It cost me the best part of £800 to get it over here and would like to re-coup as much of that as possible if I sell. If I don't get any takers then I'm happy to keep it.

Things I'm liking basswise in trade or part-ex terms are Warwick 4/5 (I, II possibly LX). Maybe some other things I'd consider, what have you got? Maybe something fretless if it's not too high in value (round the £300 mark).

But then again, having written all this, there's a knot in my stomach about the idea of parting with this!

Drop me a line with your offers/thoughts/ideas.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='hammer' post='45294' date='Aug 14 2007, 04:04 PM']I have a Stingray 4 3eq, a G&L L2500 USA and a fretless Ibanez Roadster which I am considering selling of trading.

Ian[/quote]

Thanks, but none of those particularly grab me, though the Roadster might if there were pics.

[quote name='BassBod' post='45297' date='Aug 14 2007, 04:10 PM']PM'd

BB[/quote]

Just about to reply

[quote name='Mike' post='45308' date='Aug 14 2007, 04:34 PM']Oh man. Stunning. Absolutely stunning.[/quote]

Yeah, it's a thing of beauty for sure.

Ah man, i'm really loving the look of these DJ's at the mo, a good friend of mine has just played with him, supporting Rolling Stones, which is cool!
Hopefully i'll get to try one at the Bass Bash on the 18th!

If only she was a 4 string!
Good luck all!

Si

Just to answer a common question or two that has cropped up in PM's I've received...

It is 35" scale length.

The low B is epic.

It sounds like a jazz bass on steroids, everything about it's tone is big. The lows are really tight and punchy, no flab at all and the upper mids and highs sing like the proverbial fat lady.

There's no case with it as such. But I have a nce tribal planet GX-40 (think that's the right code) top of the range semi-rigid gig bag case that I could let go for an additional £35.

[quote name='P-T-P' post='46219' date='Aug 16 2007, 08:55 AM']Sold, pending the usual.[/quote]
Thanks Pete for delivering this all the way to the SE Bash in Guildford yesterday - much appreciated and it was good to meet you!

There was some time at the end of the day when only a few of us were left and I could listen to LukeWard and Ped play it and it sounded great. And I got home later and had some more time to play it and it's exactly what I wanted; beautiful, natural passive tones and it is a dream to play..

Thanks again..

Nik